Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 08-31-2007, 07:52 AM

Default monsters under the bed

4 handed 75 game. Villain here is pretty bad. Preflop he is very loose passive and will only 3bet very good hands. Postflop he calls down fairly light and will be passive with hands that are relatively strong against the range of his opponent although the hand itself may appear weak. That said he is certainly capable of semibluffing flop and turn in both good and horrible situations.

I raise CO with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] he calls on the button, SB calls, BB calls. Just the kind of pot I wanted to build with a hand like this [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]

Flop: 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
SB checks, BB (Crazy Mike) bets, I raise, villain coldcalls, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, I bet, villain raises
Old 08-31-2007, 08:09 AM

Default Re: monsters under the bed

You say that villian is very loose passive preflop and will only 3-bet "very good hands." Would he 3-bet AK or AQ OTB, but just call with AJ or AT (perhaps of diamonds)?

What did Crazy Mike do here? If he folded, then I'm 3-betting here, then c/c river UI and c/r if I fill up. Not sure what I'd do if the fl card comes.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]

What did Crazy Mike do here? If he folded, then I'm 3-betting here, then c/c river UI and c/r if I fill up.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he coldcalled it'd be more reason to 3 bet. Also why 3 bet and check/call the river UI? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

HOWMANY, I'd 3 bet this with the given info, but I'm assuming he raises the turn with TPGK or a hand like A7. Is he capable of semibluffing in this spot? I've seen these types go passive with made hands but aggro with draws.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:14 AM

Yes pot is HU on the turn after villain's raise and yes the loose passive thing I was aiming at was that he will just call here with AJ/AT sooted preflop almost always. He will generally 3bet AK/AQ in this spot but it's not out of the question that he will call with those sometimes too.
Old 08-31-2007, 08:23 AM

Oops. That should have been b/c (not c/c) river UI. My bad. I'd c/c a river diamond.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 AM

I call here and then debate raising the river, probably won't raise it though.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:58 PM

I can't see not 3 betting here. You have the best of all the two pairs.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:54 PM

I was going to suggest calling then checkraising turn but with all the draws out there its hard to determine if a lot of turn cards improved his hand. Too often I think he might either take a free card on the turn if take that line or 3 bet you if his flush draw got there, so I am going with 3bet flop and lead turn. I would usually call it down if he caps the flop and I don't improve, but sometimes I might lead the turn if he is the type to go nuts with any decent draw.
Old 08-31-2007, 03:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I can't see not 3 betting here. You have the best of all the two pairs.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, especally with his image. HOWMANY's image is a guy who always bets so villain can easily think a pair of aces is a monster here.

-DeathDonkey
Old 08-31-2007, 04:27 PM

I think the only hand the villain could have here is AdXd. So I think a 3 bet on the turn is pretty standard.