Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit

Old 10-11-2006, 02:36 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?
Default Does she notice I\'m running bad?

I'm playing in the 30/60 at the bellagio and am running bad but it may not be obvious. I'm in the game 3 racks and have about $1400 in front of me. I've been generally playing hands that involve me calling the turn and river and losing.

Semiaggressive guy opens in MP, he has streaks of aggressive and streaks of passive but he's in aggro mode more often. nd I'm not quite sure where he is now. Woman 3bets in the HJ. She plays ok in general I guess but she makes general 'regular' mistakes such as coldcalling PF too much and overvalue Ax. We played one hand before where I bet a rag flop with A high, checked the turn and snapped off her K high on a double paired board on the river. I look down at J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and reach for chips, she says "4bets" with an air of frustration, I do make it 4bets, the BB calls, MP calls, she calls.

Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check check check I bet, bb calls, mp folds, woman calls. When she called a sensed some resignation in her i.e. ok, I'm callind down I guess, something like that. I felt like she had QQ, TT, or 99. She might be able of faking someting similar with 77/66 but I don't think she'd 3bet with that before he flop.

Turn is a Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, woman checks, what's my plan?
Old 10-11-2006, 03:08 AM

Default Re: Does she notice I\'m running bad?

[ QUOTE ]
I'm playing in the 30/60 at the bellagio and am running bad but it may not be obvious. I'm in the game 3 racks and have about $1400 in front of me. I've been generally playing hands that involve me calling the turn and river and losing.

Semiaggressive guy opens in MP, he has streaks of aggressive and streaks of passive but he's in aggro mode more often. nd I'm not quite sure where he is now. Woman 3bets in the HJ. She plays ok in general I guess but she makes general 'regular' mistakes such as coldcalling PF too much and overvalue Ax. We played one hand before where I bet a rag flop with A high, checked the turn and snapped off her K high on a double paired board on the river. I look down at J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] and reach for chips, she says "4bets" with an air of frustration, I do make it 4bets, the BB calls, MP calls, she calls.

Flop is 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
check check check I bet, bb calls, mp folds, woman calls. When she called a sensed some resignation in her i.e. ok, I'm callind down I guess, something like that. I felt like she had QQ, TT, or 99. She might be able of faking someting similar with 77/66 but I don't think she'd 3bet with that before he flop.

Turn is a Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
BB checks, woman checks, what's my plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this a trick question?

Definitely bet and worry about a raise if it happens, which is not going to happen very often anyhow. I mean you have BB in there also who definitely doesn't deserve a free shot at this huge pot.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Is this a trick question?

Definitely bet and worry about a raise if it happens, which is not going to happen very often anyhow. I mean you have BB in there also who definitely doesn't deserve a free shot at this huge pot.

[/ QUOTE ]

yea i don't get it either, this looks like an easy bet. i'd feel pretty good folding to a c/r too
Old 10-11-2006, 03:23 AM

I think betting is straight forward because you don't want to give free cards to two people. She could have AK, and MP could have a wide range.

Hopefully you'll pick up a read if she raises. If BB raises and the woman calls then you can fold.

Fold if the woman raises because why would she make a move now? You 4-bet preflop and she seems scared of your hand.

I think you have a tougher decision if the BB raises because he is the more aggressive player. Again I'd lean towards folding because players are less likely to make a move after you've shown such strength preflop.
Old 10-11-2006, 03:29 AM

Location: Who wrote \'help I\'m a bug\' on my letter to grandma?

Yeah, ok, easy bet and fold. That's what I did blah blah. Sometimes it's easy to overthink easy decisions when you're running/playing bad.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:11 AM

This sounds like Joanne; was it? She's short and round, usually wears a golf hat and is married to a tourny pro.

She cold calls preflop way too much (she's called 3 cold w/ ATs), but her 3 betting PF is not to be taken lightly, so folding preflop can't be too wrong here.

Post flop, you played it fine, and yeah she noticed, but I don't think that. it really alters how she played vs. you
Old 10-11-2006, 09:28 AM

Seems a pretty easy bet to me.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:53 PM

why not set-up Shuana? Description fits her as well, and the advice would be the same - consider folding PF.
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 PM

Looks like a pretty standard b/f here.

I hate when I'm running bad and I second guess every hand I play. Run hot goof!!
Old 10-12-2006, 09:35 PM

BET! BET! BET! BET! BET! Let's say she does have 99, TT, or even less and you do check behind her on the turn. There is a good chance the BB will take a stab at it, giving her a chance to shut you out with a raise(a common play made by astute players). Even if you see through her ploy and 3 bet her, the BB may have a hand and you lose 3 bets instead of the 1 you would have lost on the turn to a check-raise. Make THEM react to YOU.