Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring

Old 08-26-2007, 06:20 PM

Default NL50, 88 in BvB

Villain is running 21.2/4.7/3 over 200 hands. Pretty same this session, only that he has 0 AF. I'm running 10/10/0 this session, 20 hands. We had some history at this table, when he was the SB, I was the BB and there was a limper UTG. Flop was 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and he bet the pot, I called with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and the other guy called as well. Turn brought a Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], he fired again this time betting half the pot, I released immediately but the other guy raised pot. He folded and flamed me after because I gave odds to the other guy (he didn't know my hand, and the UTG villain said he had JT).

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (10 handed) by Hand Converter CG

<font color="black">SB ($41.45)</font>
<font color="black">Hero ($50)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, UTG+2 folds, MP1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises to $1.75</font>, Hero calls $1.50.

<font color="blue"> I thought about RR, but decided to rather call and get some value if there weren't really scary cards </font>

Flop: ($3.25) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $2.5</font>, Hero calls $2.50.

<font color="blue"> Not a bad flop and raising would just make him throw away his hand or he could have RR therefore forcing me to fold. He could obviously just call as well, but would only call with better hands, which would result in getting the pot bigger while behind. </font>

Turn: ($8.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="blue"> Second best turn card that can get. I figured he'd fire again with a J, which lead me to believe he didn't have it and I could have masked my hand a little bit more, although giving him a shot to outdraw me. </font>

River: ($8.25) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $1.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $5</font>, SB ...

<font color="blue"> That small bet didn't convince me that he made trips or anything better, it more looked more as a blocking bet which wanted to see a showdown cheap. Does anyone like my line here?
Old 08-26-2007, 10:41 PM

Default Re: NL50, 88 in BvB

That raise to $5 is horrible. It is way too small to have any effect, he is still calling with hands that beat you and still folding hands that don't. Call the river and be done with the hand.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:52 PM

This may be a leak in my game, but I don't understand the rationale for the flop call. If I raise and win immediately here, I'm happy. I just won with less than top pair. If I raise and get re-raised, I fold. If I'm called, I'm pretty sure I'm behind. In any of three cases, I know where I am. As played, I've just put $2.50 in the pot and have no information about where I am. I can justify a fold or a raise here, but I don't get the call.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:08 AM

Play looks good to me, though raising the river opens the door for him to reraise and push you out of the pot. Your hand has showdown value, but it looks like you have turned it into a bluff.

Upon further thought, I'd just smooth call the river here.