Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2007, 05:16 PM

Default Re: Professional No-Limit Hold \'em Volume 1 Review Thread

I'm nearly done with the book and I must say it's definitely new territory for me.

Funny enough, I think I had an easier time understanding NLTAP. Before someone calls bs, let me state that one of my largest weaknesses is hand-reading and equity estimations. Why? Because I'm one of the those players that generally plays in a vacuum. I play fairly solid hands and pricing out draws seems to be my first thought when I flop something.

To all the current mid-limit pros out there, does this book sum up how you think at the table? Maybe you didn't call it SPR, but were you successful players already doing this intuitively? I know that you guys (and gals) use REM, but I've never heard anyone talk about this SPR concept.

Matt, Sunny, and again, Ed, you've radically changed the way I think about poker. Now, if I could just use the information wisely.

I have a feeling that there will be those that read the commitment threshold chapters and never lay a hand down again unless 100% obvious that they're beaten.

Now, since this book is gonna' change the way the game is played, how about a counter-strategy book? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] Or is that at the end, cuz' I haven't got there yet?

You know, I often wonder how long (if ever) I would have had to play to learn/implement these strategies without the aid of a book. Reincarnation anyone?