Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: traz
Exactly what I expected 0 0%
Pretty much what I expected 2 8.70%
Kinda what I expected 2 8.70%
Not really what I expected 11 47.83%
Definitely not what I expected 8 34.78%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Beat: Absolute is *actually* rigged (serious) (read me)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have to play Devil's Advocate here...why would DoubleDrag 3bet here?

STAGE #753356407: HOLDEM NO LIMIT $30 - 2007-09-04 17:21:03 (ET)
Table: ALHAMBRA (Real Money) Seat #5 is the dealer
Seat 5 - DOUBLEDRAG ($19435 in chips)
Seat 6 - PRIMOGENITOX ($3041 in chips)
Seat 3 - PTOWNER ($8196 in chips)
Seat 4 - THE GRINDER ($7396 in chips)
PRIMOGENITOX - Posts small blind $15
PTOWNER - Posts big blind $30
*** POCKET CARDS ***
Dealt to PRIMOGENITOX [Qd Qh]
THE GRINDER - Raises $120 to $120
DOUBLEDRAG - Raises $270 to $270
PRIMOGENITOX - Raises $985 to $1000
PTOWNER - Folds
THE GRINDER - Folds
DOUBLEDRAG - Folds
PRIMOGENITOX - returned ($730) : not called
*** SHOW DOWN ***
PRIMOGENITOX - Does not show
PRIMOGENITOX Collects $690 from main pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total Pot($690)
Seat 3: PTOWNER (big blind) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 4: THE GRINDER Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 5: DOUBLEDRAG (dealer) Folded on the POCKET CARDS
Seat 6: PRIMOGENITOX (small blind) collected Total ($690)

[/ QUOTE ]

this is actually an interesting point

[/ QUOTE ]

I mean...DoubleDrag having compromised certain regulars accounts with a trojan is much much more likely than Godmode SuperUser accounts....I guess I am safe..

[/ QUOTE ]

this could easily be a misclick or some other kind of mistake, like he didn't properly see your hold cards originally, etc. if you have a lot of these hands then we can make some conclusions, but one anomaly is pretty meaningless.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:35 AM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 09-16-2007, 06:36 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Funny anecdote: While ago some AP representative posted to Zoo that they were looking for collage students to train/work with them. Some guy asked in that thread how absolute could stay in business when they offer all these bonuses. The representatives response was something like "Come here( Costa Rica) and we will show you [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]"

[/ QUOTE ]

to expand on this from a (obviously unreputable) source on Pocketfives named TonyBlaze:

A friend of of mine is perpetually telling me online poker is rigged. I am perpetually telling him he's crazy.

Anyway, he once told me Absolute poker has "shills" which he explained are people who work for AP that can see the cards. He even sent me to a link at this site where people who think online poker is rigged go to clammer about it.

So, it was a post that was supposedly from a guy who was formerly a "shill" for AP. Anyway in broken English this genteman (forget his name) stated that he had worked in a call center type environment where they played on a special program that allowed them to see the cards . They had to meet certain quotas or they were turfed. AP kept most of the money and they took a small %. The guy goes on to say he got fired because he didn't make his quotas.

This basically made me laugh at my friend and tell him that ANYONE could have written that. I told him it appeared to me to be the workings of a very creative paranoid delusional geek with a propensity to like to stir the pot because it makes him feel good. In fact as I told him this I realized it fit the profile of my friend very well, and therefore probably all of his conspiracy theory buddies too.

there is some proof in this thread, but also alot of bull, pple telling ghoststories how they could be rigged.

But couldnt it jusst be variance? Iv had a super frustrating heads up match couple days ago at 200NL, and the guy openfolded 2 times when i flopped set or 2 pair. He called osme bluffs with A high on super scary boards and he seemed to know what cards i had. He got out of line a couple time tho. I played only 120 hands and left super frustrated obv, he was playing very very fishy... But who the hell would do this at 200NL if they have the ability, so it was most likely variance.

Im just saying, I didnt see all the HH so i cant really see a pattern here..

[ QUOTE ]
no way any site would risk this much money by rigging anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to agree but i am not so sure anymore, because either way absolute is demonstrating a level of incompetence and stupidity that is mind blowing:

- if they are not involved their "security" is laughable, such obvious blatant cheating going on in the biggest games their site has to offer, and to make matters worse they apparently have even been contacted about these players before.

- if this "superuser" account really exists, who the [censored] thought it would be a good idea to create such an account???

-apparently large scale obvious chipdumping has been exercised by the accounts in question without absolute doing nothing about it

-shady behavior by absolute in the past: spamming/messing with affiliates/changing bonusterms

-really bad cs

This pretty much shows they are stupid so i dont know if we should give them the benefit of the doubt of not being stupid enough to not rig their site
Old 09-16-2007, 06:40 AM

wow @ the people who think the guy is just running good.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
no way any site would risk this much money by rigging anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would tend to agree but i am not so sure anymore, because either way absolute is demonstrating a level of incompetence and stupidity that is mind blowing:

- if they are not involved their "security" is laughable, such obvious blatant cheating going on in the biggest games their site has to offer, and to make matters worse they apparently have even been contacted about these players before.

- if this "superuser" account really exists, who the [censored] thought it would be a good idea to create such an account???

-apparently large scale obvious chipdumping has been exercised by the accounts in question without absolute doing nothing about it

-shady behavior by absolute in the past: spamming/messing with affiliates/changing bonusterms

-really bad cs

This pretty much shows they are stupid so i dont know if we should give them the benefit of the doubt of not being stupid enough to not rig their site

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah I agree, And only the top of poker sites earn alot. The lower employees just get their salary. I can imagine that if they get acces to a super account, they get greedy and rig it. And the pple in the top know nothing about this.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
this is all crap. if a 5 poster put this up thread would be locked and he'd be banned. its a mod so people respect it.

stand back people. seriously. this is a joke. no way any site would risk this much money by rigging anything.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did you actually read the thread?

Or is going from forum to forum and being contrarian, like, your shtick on the internet?

[/ QUOTE ]

i read the first 100 posts. some dude who has no history of cashing in big MTT"s making a call all-in with ten high doesn't prove that somebody has a superaccount on a site. it proves he's a [censored] idiot. thus, his lack of prior success.

[/ QUOTE ]

read pgs 2&3
Old 09-16-2007, 06:42 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
well, until this is settled why dont we just post about it in the most popular 2p2 forums? hopefully p5s and the other sites will start talking about this too. we can all tell our friends and they can tell their friends. lets get the word out quick - some online poker players can see your cards. hopefully people will get scared to play online. then, we can finally get some nice layovers in donkaments m i rite???

[/ QUOTE ]

imo this thread should be deleted / in mod forum

its pretty much 100% that he cheats, we dont really need much more evidence. this is just going to cause gossip and get ppl scared n stuff

[/ QUOTE ]

I think adanthar made a big mistake by making this a public thread. People who got affected should discuss this situation privatly.
Old 09-16-2007, 06:43 AM

[x] thread of the year
Closed Thread