Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-11-2007, 01:30 AM

Default Re: BEAT: One of the Worst Days of my Life

srsly, a half filipino half white girlfriend is a huge brag, and im sorta jealous despite the circumstances
Old 06-11-2007, 01:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The service is at the house becasue her dad's body is at the house, and is staying from saturday night until monday morning, when the funeral is. It's a filipino thing apparently. This is freaking out my girlfriend, who does not want to sleep 20 feet from her dead dad's body.

[/ QUOTE ]

So sorry Danny. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

FWIW they brought my grandma's body to her house for the wake. I ended up staying up all night with my Aunt, sitting up with the body. We spent a lot of the time talking about grandma. I know it sounds realy weird, but in retrospect it's comforting to look back on.

(((((Best wishes to you and your grlfriend in this difficult time.)))))

The Poker Mom
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I were you I would not leave the house for about a week. Just stay in your room playing poker and wait for the curse somebody put on you to be over!

[/ QUOTE ]

not the greatest idea DUCY
Old 06-11-2007, 09:19 PM

Hey Danny...It's amazing what life will throw at us sometimes.

I hope I can help out alittle. I have been married to the same remarkable woman for 20 years. She was born and raised in Manila. I can truly tell you Filipina's do make life worth living. In a world where a five year marriage makes it into the hall of fame, after twenty years i rush home to see her. Hell...I miss her right now.

Anyway, with respect to her mother. It's the Filipino way and nothing is more sacred to Filipino's than family. You didn't mention whether your GF grew up in the states but I'm going to assume she did atleast for the most part.

You see, sometimes her mother isn't going to understand some of the things she does and it's because of a clash of cultures. I know that sounds absurd between a mother and daughter but hear me out. Your GF has been influenced greatly by the culture she grew up in. American. She had American kids to grow up with while watching American TV and going to American schools. Her mother understands none of that.

My wife and oldest daughter, who is now 20, had so many difficult episodes and it all stemmed from this.

In other words, missing the rosary was the same as turning her back on her family, atleast in her mother's eyes. If family is first to Filipinos religion is second. So this was twice the harm.

So if I can offer some advice. Just be there, be non-judgemental, and strive to keep those communication lines open both between you and GF and between your gf and her mother.

Also when things get a little stressed between mom and daughter don't take sides atleast don't be judgemental.

I met my wife while i was in the Marine Corps. I was told by so many people "don't marry her"..."they only want green cards" and my all time favorite..."LBFM" That was 20 years, 3 beautiful children, and 2 college degrees (one for me one for her) ago...I wonder how all those people are doing.

Oh yeah...did i mention don't be judgemental. Good luck and God's Speed My Friend.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:48 PM

chin up son, good times are just around the next bend.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:53 PM

Default Re: BEAT: One of the Worst Days of my Life *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf
Old 06-11-2007, 10:02 PM

not sure if this has been mentioned, or if it even applies to where you live. But in Canada there is no fault when an accident occurs in a parking lot. You may want to see if that is also the case where you live. If it is the case, you split the damage 50-50
Old 06-11-2007, 10:25 PM

Default Re: BEAT: One of the Worst Days of my Life *DELETED*

Post deleted by Gildwulf
Old 06-11-2007, 11:30 PM

LOL...what the hell is that all about?

Well perhaps one day when we're in the same room you can explain it to me. But then again ..i doubt you'd open your mouth.
Old 06-11-2007, 11:42 PM

Sheesh. Beatworthy stuff. You know variance, things will upswing soon enough.