Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 04:23 PM

Default WSOP Satellite question

I'm thinking about making my first trip to the WSOP this next summer (2008) and had a few questions as I plan ahead.

I prefer to satellite in if I can. How are the satellites structured for various events? Are they ST or MT and how much do they cost? How many get in the tourney, when do they run etc?

Any info on this to plan ahead would be great.

Also, I will be in Vegas 1/23 - 1/26 and was wondering if there were any special tournaments anyone was aware of going on at this time in Vegas, or just the regular stuff.

Thanks.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:39 PM

Default Re: WSOP Satellite question

The Harrahs' properties in Vegas really don't seem to do anything special in the months leading up to the WSOP ME there.

The Only Harrahs property that tends to operate outside of the box so to speak, is Caesars' Indiana.

At that location, every single Saturday, they run a $225 event that awards 3 seats to the ME in Vegas.

Jimmy really runs a really great room there, and like I said, thus far, Caesars Indiana is the only Harrahs property I've found to date, that tends to think outside of the box.

It's also the only property in the Harrahs' chain, where (as long as you have a Harrahs total rewards card) you can call ahead, and register in advance by using your credit card to pay for it.

That way you don't fly someplace only to find out the event you want to play is sold out.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:11 AM

I don't have the exact structures but I played one RAZZ single table sattelite (and won it even though i was already bought into the event) at the RIO the day of my event but it was a 5PM starting event, not an early one. they run different sattelites in every game for all sorts of different buy-ins depending on the upcoming tournies at that time but they all give the same tourney entry chips for the winners. The one I played was a $225 single table sat to the $1500 RAZZ event but they were also running $1000 sattelites to the ME what seemed like everynight and this was at least 15 days before the ME even started. Also you don't win a buy-in to a particular event you win tournament entry chips in increments of $500 so for my RAZZ satellite win I recieved 3 $500 tournament entry chips which I sold to some people who were standing in line to buy in to a different event. You can play all the sattelites you want and accumulate all the tourney entry chips you want and use them to enter any of the WSOP tourneys taking place at the RIO but they have no cash value so either plan on using them os selling them to people who are doing direct buy-ins.

Also when we got HU the other guy wanted a chop and wanted me to give him $750 cash and I could take the chips but I had nearly a 5/1 chip lead on him and refused. I won the chips and sold em.

That is my expierience with the sattelites @ the RIO during the WSOP.

Sorry if this post isn't composed well i am in the dark on my laptop with 4 tables going so it's pretty fun to try and type right now.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:15 AM

At the rio during the WSOP, They usually run 125, 175, 225, 325, 525, and 1030 satellites winner take all... Also At like 6 pm or something like that they run 500 and 1000 Supersats to the main event