Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2007, 03:42 PM

Default $2200 HU turbo SNG full tilt

this is the 2nd hand of the heads up. opponent has very good sharkscope stats but I and a few others who have played him agree he is actually a pretty weak opponent...anyways

the first hand i just mucked to his raise, the 2nd hand i have 88 and i have the button...blinds are 15-30

i call, he makes it 90, and i choose to call. the flop is 8 9 Q all of spades - sry not converter right now. he bets 120 and i decide to call and get it in on a blank turn increasing my equity vs. a powerful draw and also to make it look like i could be making a move with a draw, if a scare card peels off i can control the pot and also look to boat up on the river before i invest many more chips......anyways, the turn is a 4 of hearts, the perfect brick for my hand, he bets 240 and i shove.......

how's my line?
Old 08-27-2007, 03:51 PM

Default Re: $2200 HU turbo SNG full tilt

A lot of scare cards can hit, making him bluff you OOP. You are creating tough situations by not trying to get in on the flop. Also, you run the risk of him checking behind on the turn. Anyway, there is too much downswing to that play for it being profitable, I think. I don't play that big stakes, so my reasoning might be too simplistic.

But I get your point of trying to disguise your hand, but I would prefer to do it in position.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:07 PM

wait a second, i had the button, cuz he was first to bet after the flop.....my fault

i raise 88 on the button probably 95% of the time but he likes to shove with many different hands and the 2nd hand of the HU id rather see a cheaper flop and the best scenario would be to hit a set of course, so by calling preflop i can mix up my play
Old 08-27-2007, 04:20 PM

Oh, sorry - I didn't see you limp called preflop.
Old 08-27-2007, 04:22 PM

Yeah, then I guess I like it at this level where you have to mix up your play.

Nice play.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:14 PM

Waiting til the turn to raise doesn't look like a draw to me, it looks more like a monster, the opposite of the image you want to project. I reraise pf and raise the flop.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:56 PM

preflop can go either way, i chose to call, especially against this opponent who is going to be pushing a wider range of hands than normal, i dont mind seeing a flop in position with 88

also, what exact monster does it look like? u think most sets are giving a free card on this board, i think of set of 8's is that last type of hand that he would put me on, as giving a cheap card with that board is pretty dangerous, something i chose to do to disguise my hand

the only monster on this board is a flopped flush, i think raising the flop will get him off many hands that will pay me off on later streets
Old 08-27-2007, 06:22 PM

people are limping pf with 88 and calling with sets on super duper drawy flops? man i need to move up to the $2,200s.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
people are limping pf with 88 and calling with sets on super duper drawy flops? man i need to move up to the $2,200s.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i was waiting for some MINDLESS and retarded remark -- and i got it

i called knowing he is going to raise 90% of the time OOP which there is nothing wrong with, mixing up play is fine HU, there is no ABC form.....

i called the flop to see a blank turn and therefore increase my equity vs a combo draw and get it in, if not then i can control the pot and possibly boat up on the river to win a huge pot...
Old 08-28-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

lol i was waiting for some MINDLESS and retarded remark -- and i got it

i called knowing he is going to raise 90% of the time OOP which there is nothing wrong with, mixing up play is fine HU, there is no ABC form.....

i called the flop to see a blank turn and therefore increase my equity vs a combo draw and get it in, if not then i can control the pot and possibly boat up on the river to win a huge pot...

[/ QUOTE ]

So what do you do if a spade or a jack or a ten comes on the turn? As you said here, it looks like you intend to call a potsized bet and turn your hand into a draw. You would risk a lot of your stack on a draw here. I would call if you are prepared to fold to a big bet on the turn. Unless you have a read that he won't make a big bet on the turn so that you can check behind here.

Your line is weird so you can expect some negative responses.