Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-10-2007, 11:43 PM

Default 25nl KK oop deep

Villian was playing about 20/11/2 over a small sample size. I got my stack against him by bet 3 betting 44 against his AJ on a Js6x4s flop. River fold seems standard I guess with the way I got there but looking to see if anyone has any alternative lines for the hand up to that point.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Button ($42.65)
SB ($37.95)
Hero ($56.65)
UTG ($30.75)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $1</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $3.5</font>, Button calls $2.50.

Flop: ($7.10) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, Button calls $5.

Turn: ($17.10) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $8</font>, Hero calls $8.

River: ($33.10) A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $26.15 (All-In)</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: $59.25
Old 05-10-2007, 11:47 PM

Default Re: 25nl KK oop deep

I would probably bet/fold the turn. If he has 99+ he'll just call (unless he hates money) and if he hit the flush, he'll raise. No point in checking to him and giving him potentially a free card if he has T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]Tx or something similar.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:08 AM

I think bet/fold might be best. I don't think there is any line here that is all that good with you being OOP. If he is aggressive and bluffs this is a great bluff card. So if you bet fold you can be bluffed off your hand pretty easily. I think your line is ok if you do not think he is capable of firing a bluff on the turn and the river. I would guess that the ace river causes almost his enitre range ahead of you considering his preflop and flop play.

I guess if you know he will bluff raise turn you could lead to induce a shove. But that is probably pretty bad at micr stakes
Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 AM

I like a check/call her eas you did, but bet/fold also has its merits. The problem with betting out is that so many of the draws hit, and i feel like we aren't extracting from one pair or overpair type hands. If villian is 20/11/2, he may be at least a somewhat thinking player, and will probably not pay off with worse hands. Sure, there is a chance villian may be drawing, but if he was drawing he likely already hit. I will check/call one psb because i think that will get value out of top pair/overpair hands the best.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:17 AM

Terrible turn card, bet/folding is probably better.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:27 AM

I'm interested in the bet/fold camp. Do you think we get more value out of the overpair type hands by this line? I would normally c/c here, looking for some debate, because i think c/c allows us to get more cash 99/TT ish hands. I'm not worried about charging him to draw, if he got there he got there. But i will call one bet because i think it is the most +EV with inducing those hands to bet into me.
Old 05-11-2007, 12:28 AM

Thinking about it more your line might be just as good as a bet fold or better. I have similar stats to villain except a higher preflop raise. If i was in his spot i would bet the turn most of the time it was checked to me if i thought i had little to no showdown value. I would bluff the river against some people but would be checking behind if the ace improved my hand. So the river probably didnt improve his hand, i think it is almost always a fold on the river but i have a few regulars i play with that i would consider calling.