Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who is in the more wrong here?
Anacardo mega wrong 3 2.31%
Anacardo semi wrong 6 4.62%
meh, can't tell 31 23.85%
Kitty semi wrong 40 30.77%
kitty mega wrong. 50 38.46%
Voters: 130. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2007, 08:43 PM

Default Re: Today I became a pro.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
what about this hand?
PokerStars Game #9457155817: Tournament #48012493, $6.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level IX (300/600) - 2007/04/16 - 18:31:02 (ET)
Table '48012493 1' 9-max Seat #1 is the button
Seat 1: wickss79 (3870 in chips)
Seat 4: taso1 (5930 in chips)
Seat 6: RYMalamutes (1335 in chips)
Seat 8: rrecker (2365 in chips)
wickss79: posts the ante 50
taso1: posts the ante 50
RYMalamutes: posts the ante 50
rrecker: posts the ante 50
taso1: posts small blind 300
RYMalamutes: posts big blind 600
*** HOLE CARDS ***
rrecker: folds
wickss79: raises 600 to 1200
RYMalamutes said, "all in"
taso1: raises 4680 to 5880 and is all-in
RYMalamutes: folds
wickss79: folds
taso1 collected 3200 from pot
taso1: doesn't show hand
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 3200 | Rake 0
Seat 1: wickss79 (button) folded before Flop
Seat 4: taso1 (small blind) collected (3200)
Seat 6: RYMalamutes (big blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: rrecker folded before Flop (didn't bet)

[/ QUOTE ]Ad Td
Short stack is about to go out. I was probably in a bad situation against SB. I wanted to play the short stack AIPF with this hand. Not the SB. That is why I didn't go all in.

[/ QUOTE ]Like I said, unless the SB is a muppet, he's shoving ATC vs. you here. Push or fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow...I'm glad I don't play sngs anymore. If, in fact, only the worse players at the $6.50s don't know to shove any two here, you sng players are in trouble.

When I left the $109s at party in late November, there were very few capable of shoving any two here.

[/ QUOTE ]I guess I was overstating - I have no experience whatsoever with the $6.50s, but based on the table chat...
Old 04-16-2007, 08:45 PM

Wow this is such a feel good thread. Whenever I have a string of bad beats (and ive had a lot recently!), this thread is like my remedy for frustration. Gets me in the mood to play again.

Its great that Wickss and mj publicised this fantastic adventure (bet u never thought it would catch on like it has!) and I wish u all the very best.
Congrats on the progress so far, also see uve had a good sng session today also. Nice work!

Also here's a suggestion. As u are involved in the sng icons community, why dont u get bigjoe or Z32 to analyze a HH through the replayer? Im sure they would be happy to oblige. U would get tremendous feedback on leaks not just from bigjoe but from any of the sngicons members who watched it too. Did they give you a free subscription to bubble trainer as well? Icons and bubble trainer are kinda merged I think? Would definately reccommend it as a training tool for push/fold situations.

Anyway back to the tables. Hope to catch u in a couple a 6.50's, dont think ive played with a pro before. Hope I can stand the heat! Good luck man!! Keep up the great updates mj!

SchumiSRM

Oh yeah sorry had to bump this again, still cracks me up!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously though,this guy needs to stop calling all ins with A6.

[/ QUOTE ]
who are you to tell a pro how to play

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!!!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:56 PM

As of this post this thread has 150 more posts and 7,500 more views than the [censored] thread. AND in 7 less days. You guys are amazing.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow this is such a feel good thread. Whenever I have a string of bad beats (and ive had a lot recently!), this thread is like my remedy for frustration. Gets me in the mood to play again.

Its great that Wickss and mj publicised this fantastic adventure (bet u never thought it would catch on like it has!) and I wish u all the very best.
Congrats on the progress so far, also see uve had a good sng session today also. Nice work!

Also here's a suggestion. As u are involved in the sng icons community, why dont u get bigjoe or Z32 to analyze a HH through the replayer? Im sure they would be happy to oblige. U would get tremendous feedback on leaks not just from bigjoe but from any of the sngicons members who watched it too. Did they give you a free subscription to bubble trainer as well? Icons and bubble trainer are kinda merged I think? Would definately reccommend it as a training tool for push/fold situations.

Anyway back to the tables. Hope to catch u in a couple a 6.50's, dont think ive played with a pro before. Hope I can stand the heat! Good luck man!! Keep up the great updates mj!

SchumiSRM

Oh yeah sorry had to bump this again, still cracks me up!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
seriously though,this guy needs to stop calling all ins with A6.

[/ QUOTE ]
who are you to tell a pro how to play

[/ QUOTE ]

Brilliant!!!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]Thanks for posting this. These kinds of posts provide the motivation needed to keep going with this. I'm glad to know this means something to people and puts a smile on their face. Laughter is a great medicine.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:59 PM

took awhile to get caught up on the thread after taking the WE off. Things look to be going well. I of course railed wickss last night in some 6.50s and he won like 4. Keep it up ma man!

While sorting through the last 10-15 pages i noticed that you guys are Shocker fans and you made mention of the great eddie sutton perhaps taking over the BB coaching position at WSU. As a die hard OSU cowboy, i would love to see this happen... you'll just have to keep him off the JD!!

Well, i'm taking a break from the tables so it's time to go rail Wickss!

edit: "player wickss not found"... prolly got a slice of PJ in his hands as i type!
Old 04-16-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
took awhile to get caught up on the thread after taking the WK off. Things look to be going well. I of course railed wickss last night in some 6.50s and he won like 4. Keep it up ma man!

While sorting through the last 10-15 pages i noticed that you guys are Shocker fans and you made mention of the great eddie sutton perhaps taking over the BB coaching position at WSU. As a die hard OSU cowboy, i would love to see this happen... you'll just have to keep him off the JD!!

Well, i'm taking a break from the tables so it's time to go rail Wickss!

[/ QUOTE ]Hey buddy, welcome back! Well, I have to say wickss does not really follow sports, but I am a big Shocker fan and a Wichita State University alum. Yesterday, we hired Gregg Marshall from Winthrop University. Those of you living in South Carolina will be familiar with him. I think this is a good hire, and I expect great things out of him. Keeping Eddie Sutton off the jd may be wishful thinking. Nawwww, it looks like he has gotten his life in order. I also root for OSU since they are in the big 12 with KU.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
As of this post this thread has 150 more posts and 7,500 more views than the [censored] thread. AND in 7 less days. You guys are amazing.

[/ QUOTE ]So are you guys.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:09 PM

I also watched wickss79 pwn today....GO DUDE GO!!!

GL to you!

where are the eating of the pizza pics? you have been promising......
Old 04-16-2007, 09:29 PM

Just finished reading this thread. Ive been a "pro" poker player for the last year playing no higher then $60 sngs or 100nl. Its been a fun year and I wish you guys luck. Once you get the bankroll over 2k its pretty easy to make enough money to live on. The hard part is not having any surprise expenses pop up that force you to rebuild. Gl and thanks for the fun read.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:54 PM

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ][ QUOTE ]
and pleaseeee take a photo of you two high fiving over a pizza at the end of a tough day..please!

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Closed Thread