Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 07:16 PM

Default 99 at Qxx

$0.50/$1.00

UTG+1 ($42.25) (Hero)
MP1 ($4.95)
CO ($11.81) new player

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>,

Hero calls, MP1 calls,

Flop: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ( 5.25BB )
Hero checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls,

Villain behind me has only 3.5 BB, but there are many OCs to threat me so I protect my hand and hope PF 3better has AK and sometimes will fold TT.
Also when he will call and I will bet turn then he fold uncorectly AK with 6 outs and pot will be like 8:1.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ( 8.25BB )
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 folds</font>,

Final Pot: 8.6BB

Do you play it the same?
Old 11-13-2007, 07:19 PM

Default Re: 99 at Qxx

standard.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:31 PM

Grunch

I don't see anything wrong with this
Old 11-13-2007, 09:03 PM

Can you please explain why you call when CO raises the flop. You think you have good enough odds. Right?
Old 11-13-2007, 09:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Can you please explain why you call when CO raises the flop. You think you have good enough odds. Right?

[/ QUOTE ]

:g:
2 outs to set + not so great one card flush draw out + possibility that he play this way FD and will check behind
Old 11-14-2007, 12:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would call here.
You don't have good enough odds, but I call to revaluate on the turn i.e. does CO check because he has a flushdraw ? middle pair or air ?
The way I see it is you put 2 bets in the pot so you should at least go ahead and take a card and reevaluate. Is a fold probably going to happen when bet at and my hand hasn't improved ? Probably without strong reads, but I still peel here.
Is this a leak ?
Old 11-14-2007, 04:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I would call here.
You don't have good enough odds, but I call to revaluate on the turn i.e. does CO check because he has a flushdraw ? middle pair or air ?
The way I see it is you put 2 bets in the pot so you should at least go ahead and take a card and reevaluate. Is a fold probably going to happen when bet at and my hand hasn't improved ? Probably without strong reads, but I still peel here.
Is this a leak ?

[/ QUOTE ]

I mostly peel here when I have BDFD and often fold when I have only 2 outs.
There was chapter in SSHE "loose call" and when its close you can call to prevent from observan players semi-bluffs.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:52 AM

I play it the same. Nice hand. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-14-2007, 09:39 AM

Seems a sensible line to me. The flop call after the 3 bet is a little loose, but I think you have to do it for meta-game reasons. If you fold every time you are three bet on the flop, some of your opponents are going to pick up on it. Keep villain guessing whether you have QQ/KK/AA and are going to raise him on the turn if he is getting frisky with a smaller pair.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
2 outs to set + not so great one card flush draw out + possibility that he play this way FD and will check behind

[/ QUOTE ]

That's the key. Unless he's screwy, any FD hand that he'd 3bet your preflop raise with is ahead of you on the flop.

Re: the metagame aspects. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] metagame as much as anyone, but I'm not particularly concerned that someone will try bluff 3betting me after I check/raise a flop, because the vast majority of the time when I check/raise a flop I really do have it (or at least have an equity advantage). So basically what I'm saying here is that I think we can fold immediately to the flop 3bet.

This also could be a good situation to use the donk line (check/call flop, lead blank turn). We can much more easily fold to a turn raise in that situation, and much more effectively protect our hand when it's good. Of course it complicates matters when MP overcalls on the flop, but hey, things always working out at the poker table makes for boring sessions. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]