Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Business, Finance, and Investing
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 01:29 AM

Default Business ideas, good money here

1) Start online mahjong site similar to pokersites to serve the vast chinese market who loves to gamble and is full of new money.

2) import/export widgets from china to britain (if you buy in yuans and sell in pounds, you've GOTTA have a huge margin)

3) produce a movie about poker, if possible a contination to rounders, but any movie will do.. sugestions include portrayal of the big game/andy beal games/larry flynt games/high stakes golf and prop bets between brunson and pals. this has got to be a guaranteed hit

4) buy NETELLER stock, this is being traded at 300p a share at the LSE and it's worth 3 times as much. easy 300% return in 12 months.

5) golf balls with GPS inside, to locate it, and to trace ball trajectory on a virtual course map (don't know if they did this already, probably they did)

6) merge a gambling site with a payment company such as neteller/paypal, so that you can purchase things at amazon/ebay directly from your funds at the gambling site.

7) make a health clinic for people who want to extend their life by use of advanced anti-aging techniques and nutrient supplementation (as in Ray Kurtweil's "live long enough to live forever" book). These would be mostly retired people who would pay any price for the therapy and I think its a huge market that doest have enough offers at the supply side. also I think most medical practitioners are too focused on curing diseases/problems instead of prevention and health improvement.

ill think of some more and post later..
Old 07-23-2006, 05:14 AM

Default Re: Business ideas, good money here

4) buy NETELLER stock, this is being traded at 300p a share at the LSE and it's worth 3 times as much. easy 300% return in 12 months.

Like the guys in the finance forum mentioned, I'd do research on it before you buy it.

Also, I think this might be considered illegal to plug stocks you are buying to others online so they might buy some.
Old 07-23-2006, 02:01 PM

# 4 has been done
Old 07-23-2006, 06:24 PM

8) Exchange chickens for sexual favors in Cuba, and start a chicken farm. Oh wait, Cuba is communist and any farms belong to the state.
Old 07-23-2006, 06:37 PM

#3 not such a good idea. Even measuring the total return on film business is a tricky matter. Some historical estimates are as low as 4% ROI, and the very shape of the revenue distribution makes the whole affair a giant crapshoot. If you really have the ability to tell in advance whether a film will be a hit, there are piles of cash awaiting you in Hollywood.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:17 AM

Do them all and become super rich. kcya
Old 07-24-2006, 03:49 PM

2 - taxes and tariffs

5 - commercial gps signal may not be good enough. Not sure.

6 - Gambling sites have zero incentive to help people take out/spend their gambling winnings. They want to keep as much of your cash as possible, probably earning interest on it, and slowly grinding it down via rake.

I like #1, assuming mahjong has a similar combination of luck and skill as poker.
Old 07-24-2006, 07:29 PM

3 - I think a documentary instead of a movie would be better.
Old 07-24-2006, 09:35 PM

If I had film experience, doing the movie/documentaryidea would be very viable and interesting. You could make it in the same manner that Block Party was made with some live hands that are interesting mixed it with lots of interviews.
Old 07-25-2006, 12:25 AM

5 is clever, but the COGS is going to be higher and you'll be marketing to narrower niche (shXtty golfers), so I'm not sure how profitable it would be.

I love 7 so long as you set it up in a community that has the requisite disposable income.