Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:25 AM

Default Re: Four Idiots

Andy,

What's it like being such a nitfish?

With warm curiosity,

'Cardo.

Nah but srsly I stopped raising a guy with an ace on a 6666x board after like seven bets b/c, y'know, why put in all this money just to make the obvious chop. MFer rolls, I want to say, JTo, then gets terribly confused (though not angry, surprisingly) when I get the whole pot and has to have it explained to him that kickers still play even though there's quads on the board. Anyway, don't stop raising with the nuts, like Cardo the Tardo over here.
Old 10-24-2007, 04:42 AM

"Nah but srsly I stopped raising a guy with an ace on a 6666x board after like seven bets b/c, y'know, why put in all this money just to make the obvious chop. MFer rolls, I want to say, JTo, then gets terribly confused (though not angry, surprisingly) when I get the whole pot and has to have it explained to him that kickers still play even though there's quads on the board. Anyway, don't stop raising with the nuts, like Cardo the Tardo over here."

Cool, I didn't know you played against Kristy Gazes.

-Michael
Old 10-24-2007, 09:34 AM

Default Re: October Low-Content Thread

How Stupid is this. I'm not in the hand. Great Great game 20/40. 8 total dorks and me almost all day. A couple good players stop in on their way to the 40.

Three limpers to a laggy asian kid who raises in the cutoff. Blinds come along.

Flop comes KT3 rainbow and every checks to the lag who bets and gets 3 calls. Turn is another K and it gets checked around.

River is a 7 and everyone checks to the lag who bets. All three call.

Lag tables A7s for two pair with the KK on board. First caller shakes his head and folds. Next guy look confused and folds. Second over caller tables 88 and takes it down.

I sit there wondering how I am only up 3 racks in this game
Old 10-24-2007, 10:12 AM

So im not quite sure whether this should be classified as running bad or running sick good but i have to share with the world this tale of retardation.

Cpark 30-60 game yada yada
5 handed
huge fish asian limps in CO, hero raises 4 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], the soon-to-be moneyhater of the week (MHOTW) 3 bets from the SB, we both call

flop: J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 7 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
checks to me?!, i bet, both call

turn: A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MHOTW checks, i bet, he raises, i three, he fours
at this point im a little scared i might be beaten but up until this hand i thought this guy played pretty well so i actually call planning on raising the river for value under the assumption he has one of the four hands i beat.

river: Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MHOTW checks, ..... i bet
he tables the J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] and says, "thats unbeleivable, take the pot. You deserve it for playing so bad"

i just scratch my head and stack chips
Old 10-24-2007, 10:37 AM

I just played a fish HU (online) for 6 hours straight. I won a bit over 100 bb but was up over 150 bb, he won 50 bb back at the end. I'm exhausted. His stats were like 95/40 with went to SD of 52 over the like 1k hands. He called me down with jack high numerous times, it was rarely good. I'm tired.

-DeathDonkey
Old 10-24-2007, 12:09 PM

Funny PJ, "Why can't I ever get hands like these" is the same thing I thought, back in July sometime, as I watched you try to steal from the button against a CRAsian (Crazy Asain) BB. Flop is 3 non-paint hearts, no straight flush available. CRAsian leads, calls 6th flop bet, blank turn and blank river to see your AK hearts and cries over his 62 hearts. I would have gotten exactly the blinds on that hand against the same villain.

I guess there is varying degrees of envy.
Old 10-24-2007, 01:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Funny PJ, "Why can't I ever get hands like these" is the same thing I thought, back in July sometime, as I watched you try to steal from the button against a CRAsian (Crazy Asain) BB. Flop is 3 non-paint hearts, no straight flush available. CRAsian leads, calls 6th flop bet, blank turn and blank river to see your AK hearts and cries over his 62 hearts. I would have gotten exactly the blinds on that hand against the same villain.

I guess there is varying degrees of envy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ha, yeah I remember that hand. (Though I don't really count raising AKs an attempt to steal from the button). That seems like many decades ago... there was a time this summer when I could actually get that hand to hold up. But if you knew how bad I'd been running the past 5 weeks... aiya. Now every time in this situation the river pairs the board and villain turns over a runner runner boat to cackle in glee as he scoops the chips.

Hey Tim -- when are you coming back to LA?
Old 10-24-2007, 01:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"Nah but srsly I stopped raising a guy with an ace on a 6666x board after like seven bets b/c, y'know, why put in all this money just to make the obvious chop. MFer rolls, I want to say, JTo, then gets terribly confused (though not angry, surprisingly) when I get the whole pot and has to have it explained to him that kickers still play even though there's quads on the board. Anyway, don't stop raising with the nuts, like Cardo the Tardo over here."

Cool, I didn't know you played against Kristy Gazes.

-Michael

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know what that meeeeeeans.

And you smell like pea sooooooup.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:12 PM

At NBC's heads up championship this year, Gazes and Chad Brown played a pot where the board was 6666x, and Gazes had 99, Brown had an ace, and Gazes didn't understand why they weren't chopping the pot for a good minute or two.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:27 PM

Since there is no Slit Your Wrists forum, I'll throw this gem here, even though it belongs in Small Stakes LC or BBV.

I head to Commerce last night on a whim to play some 9-18 because it isn't time yet to donate all my 9-18 winnings to the 20 game.

To my left is a 2+2er and he's filling me in on all the AP shenanigans. I go on a bad run to start and claw my way back to about even, ready to go home, when he goes out for a smoke. In that time I raise four consecutive hands:

QQ. Lose to K6 that turns trips.
QQ. Lose to 94o. "Big Blind Special!"
AKs. Lose to some crap.
KQs. Lose to Q-crap.

2+2er returns and raises EP. He's on the board for the 20 game and has booked a nice win, so he's been getting noticeably frisky of late. There's a caller or two, then a loose azn guy I've played with before 3-bets. I call in the BB with AQ. I flop top two and bet; both call.

Q on the turn fills me up. Bet, call, call.

K on river. I bet, azn raises. Sure enough, he has KK. He cackles, "I put him on AQ" as he scoops the chips.

2+2er leaves to the 20 game and I'm fully tilting at this point, and it's getting late, so I decide to leave after the current orbit. I'm actively petitioning the poker gods not to give me any good hands so I can limp home with my tail between my legs.

So of course I'm UTG+1 and get AA. Lose to Q7. The crazy azn lady to my left (I currently hate her because she keeps IWTSTH-ing my ass when she rivers two pair on me and I fold after calling her) feels sorry for me. "Every hand, bad beat! So Sorry." The LAG across from me is tapping the table in commiseration.

Next hand I'm UTG. Last hand. Thank you Jaysusss! AhKh. Dammit. I Raise. LAG 3-bets. We've played together a number of times and he doesn't try the ridiculous fancy plays and hopeless bluffs against me that he does against most others, so I give him credit for a little something. Flop is 732. Turn puts two hearts on the board, and I'm just check-calling along. River is blank and he takes it down with 74o.

I lose 50BB in 30 minutes with AA, QQ x2, AKs x2, AQ, KQs, and KJs.
Closed Thread