Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-20-2007, 04:04 AM

Default Re: Ridiculous 600 BB pot at the Bellagio 5/10 NL

OP,

Don't do that.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:09 AM

Ok, if you guys want to look at it that way, it's fine. I'm an online player, so I like having access to information that's available to me, even if etiquette dictates otherwise. I'm sure to you live players this is atrocious, and maybe it's something I should change. But this donk wasn't one of those friendly, tourist type donks who would get scared away by something like this. He was obviously a regular, just a really poor one, and I guarantee he'll be back at the tables playing tomorrow.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:09 AM

the guy just lost 2k and you have to humiliate him on top of that?

karma is a bitch dude
Old 08-20-2007, 04:10 AM

some of you [censored] have the worst etiquette...vs a fish no less.
Old 08-20-2007, 04:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Asking to see his cards here is a huge dick move.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-20-2007, 05:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The reason why I did it is because he had been raising me on every low flop when I was the PFR and I wanted to know if he range there was any pair/any draw, or if it was ATC. I had no intention of making him look like a complete monkey, though that's what happened in the end. But it's over now and all that's left is a story.

[/ QUOTE ]

so basically what you're saying is that this complete donk repeatedly outplayed you earlier in the night, and you had to resort to a breach in etiquette to even figure out how he was playing.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT.

OP was your seat wet when you got up to leave?
Old 08-20-2007, 05:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, if you guys want to look at it that way, it's fine. I'm an online player, so I like having access to information that's available to me, even if etiquette dictates otherwise. I'm sure to you live players this is atrocious, and maybe it's something I should change. But this donk wasn't one of those friendly, tourist type donks who would get scared away by something like this. He was obviously a regular, just a really poor one, and I guarantee he'll be back at the tables playing tomorrow.

[/ QUOTE ]

You do understand that rule exists to expose cheats.... you should not abuse it unless you think the person is cheating. It is not there for you to get "free-information" about the player. Being an "online-player" doesn't justify being a dick.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
You do understand that rule exists to expose cheats.... you should not abuse it unless you think the person is cheating. It is not there for you to get "free-information" about the player. Being an "online-player" doesn't justify being a dick.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may change the direction of the flame-fest a little, but whatever. I changed the story to make it a little more of a story. I did not actually ask to see his hand because I said to myself, "he has [censored]". I did do it for the information purposes.

That being said, the rule exists and people are allowed to use it. You're no different than the 2+2ers who think short-stacking is "wrong" or TuffFish saying that we shouldn't use PT/PAHUD because that's not how poker was meant to be played. Do I dislike short-stackers? Yes. Is what I did considered bad etiquette? Apparently so. Are any of the above against the rules? No.

When I'm playing in a game, I will use all of my available actions allowed within the game to maximize my edge over my opponents. Don't take this as some statement that I'm an angle shooter as well. To me angle shooting seems more like breaking the rules while avoiding getting caught. There are a number of angle shots that are specifically disallowed. On the other hand, it is clearly stated that I am allowed to ask to see his hand. I'm not saying, "I'm an online player, I get to be a dick". I'm saying, "I'm an online player, I like to use all information available to me even if the other live players don't".
Old 08-20-2007, 06:50 AM

Guess every 2p2er will just have to slowroll you now because that is technically not against the rules either.
Old 08-20-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm not saying, "I'm an online player, I get to be a dick". I'm saying, "I'm an online player, I like to use all information available to me even if the other live players don't".

[/ QUOTE ]
where is the difference?