Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2006, 10:40 PM

Default 6.50 Stars Turbo, OESD+FL call after steal on bubble

PokerStars Tournament, Big Blind is t200 with t25 antes (4 handed) Converter on pregopoker.com

CO (t4575)
Hero (t2635)
SB (t4540)
BB (t1750)

Preflop: Hero is in Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
<font color="gray">CO folds</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to t600</font>, SB calls t500, BB calls t400

Flop: (t1900) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (3 players)
SB checks, <font color="red">BB bets t1125 (All-in)</font>, Hero calls t1125, <font color="red">SB raises to t2250</font>, Hero ??

Turn: (t7285) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)

River: (t7285) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 players)

Thoughts? I feel I'm pretty damn pot committed on the turn. I had no thoughts that this guy was making a move, and put him on a big Jack (AJ) and thought I could also be up against 2 diamnonds, possible against the nut flush draw. I felt like I had to call the push on the turn though since an oesd + flush draw should be favorite unless he had the higher flush draw, and if he had a hand like AJ, at the most he only had the Ace of diamonds. I wasn't anticipating a reraise to put me all in. Other than I suck at poker, any thoughts?

PS, I realize that pushing this preflop would have been a horrible mistake--I was hoping to steal, then got caught, then got braindead.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:04 PM

Default Re: 6.50 Stars Turbo, OESD+FL call after steal on bubble

I'm confused. There wasn't a push on the turn, and you didn't push preflop...

As for the hand you posted, shove after the all-in, you've got plenty of outs.
Old 11-01-2006, 11:53 PM

Default Re: 6.50 Stars Turbo, OESD+FL call after steal on bubble

SOrry, meant flop, not turn, and don't know how to edit. As for shoving on the flop, that's been haunting me for days now... dunno why I didn't. I think it was shove or fold, and I hate to fold when I think I'm the favorite, especially when I could make ITM by eliminating the shortie. I think it could have protected my hand, as I don't want the SB in with me. I play a fair amount of SNGs, and even cash, but I can tell you that I'm not faced with OESD + FL draws all that often.
Also, in my second comment, I did not mean that I pushed preflop--I raised to 600, mostly cause I could get away from a push by the SB, who had me covered. I just meant that preflop, pushing QTs with &gt; 10x BB stack was -EV.