Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 10:20 PM

Default Re: (OT) Long Time Coming.... upon many requests.... The Snarf Saga

sorry to hear all this Snarf...

you seem to be the type of person who is deeply affected by this thing we call love...I was much the same way a couple years ago...

then I lost it when I "realized" a few things abou life that kind of took the feeling out of it..

I miss it some times [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

seriously though Snarf you seem like a great guy..and if all the advice about love being just another manipulative emotion, etc doesn't sway you or make you feel any better..I hope that you will find happiness..wherever it may be for you
Old 07-24-2006, 05:56 PM

Snarf,

You can now do literally anything you want to do. Realize that everything you liked about this chick was completely fabricated by you (as internally you decided to fall in love and elevate her particular qualities/actions). So, you also have the power to unfabricate your paralyzing feelings and move on. You need to make this switch abruptly (IMO) and internally (while there are things like moving and/or never talking to her and/or friend again, ultimately it's all up to what [/b]you[/b] feel and think internally).

A couple of thoughts:
1) She is NOT THE girl of your dreams.
2) You are NOT "meant to be" with her.

I'm not interested in whether or not these things may or may not be present or even emotionally possible (in a rich sense)....my point is that they are simply things that people tell themselves generally due to societal psyche and storytelling. Your partner is whomever you want, not some dreamed or fated imaginary person alluded to by society or stories. This person is exactly as special and important as you want him/her to be......

We all want someone who, ultimately, wants us. Sounds like you both at one time wanted one another....but not anymore.

There is no reason or limitation that the next woman who you want cannot be awesome. Tons of women are so try to meet as many of the awesome ones as possible.

I know you can!

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Yugoslav
Old 07-24-2006, 07:53 PM

Sounds to me like you desperately need to expand your social circle.

All the girls you mentioned were involved with others in your social circle.

Meet new people so that you're not so dependant on this social circle, and when you decide to hang out there, the people you bring there will be "your friends" and not just part of one giant group of cockblockers.

Also, you're definitely too much of a nice guy.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:17 PM

I want to thank everybody for all their cares and thoughts.

(don't want this post necessarily to be the thread killer, just a thanks along the way)

Generally/typically I agree with most things said by most people.

This girl / this situation is really different. I've never been this guy before...the guy saying the things I'm saying now. Truth be told, I was this guy once in college. I learned. I grew out of it. I got wiser. ..and here... oh well.

The thing is is that both of us still think that there is hope for us down the road. The key...the hard part...

is living from now until then like there is no hope.

As for my social setting...

I officially decided yesterday... I'm moving. Where to - not totally sure yet. Probably I'll be looking to find a short term (3-month type) of lease semi-locally...and see from there wether that works for me, or wether I need to move more like hours away.

This "group" has 3 scheduled nights a week. An unoffical 4th night, and usuually adds in one or two nights on the weekend. I haven't been doing all of that, or even close to taht, in a LONG time. ... but I decided that I'm going to go to Thursday's poker night...but that that will be like the last thing I do with this group for a long time.

I do have many other friends around...but none of them live close or are free enough schedule wise to matter, socially speaking.

So...new roommates...new friends...new avenues...

a fresh start for Snarf

I'm incredibly sad. I'm also very excited.

I want to move out so badly I'm actually considering moving back in with my Mom for a couple weeks until I find a place.