Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which poll gets the more honest answer?
How much money does the poster make? 19 76.00%
How many women does the poster get? 6 24.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-31-2007, 08:32 PM

Default Re: can pokerstars sue me...?

why is it whenever someone gets screwed over 27 cents we have threads like "ZOMG WHAT THE &*$&*($# NEVER PLAY AT POKERWEB.COM THEY ARE *$&*()$#*&( SCAMMERS I DID NOT GET MY 27 CENTS MOTHER$&*($#!!!!!!1!!ONE!!" but when someone gets extra money from a site it is "am I legally obligated to pay this back?"

nice double standard
Old 03-31-2007, 08:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Allright guys, the punctuation is not what i am after, i typed in a rush as i am after answers on what can happen.
I apologise for my grammar like i said i am after answers as i am quite scared at the backlash of what could happen, the government gives a grant here in the uk each year of $5000 so if you see where i am coming form over 3 years i receive $15000 from the Government. So $3000 is only a small part of the money i receive for my studies.
Anyway enough of of that what do you guys think they can do to me...?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
not th response i was looking from yo guys seem to be more interested in punctuation and no i havent spent 8000 did i say that friggin hell i spent 3k and its was 3k of the overpayment i asked the same question as another forum and got some good responses last time i use this forum i was after a few theories and get people who are crying about punctuation as if you guys are royalty or somethning later adn thank you to the people who actually replied a proper answer

[/ QUOTE ]

Did you type in a rush again?
Old 03-31-2007, 08:46 PM

Link to his x-post in Legislation

Link to his x-post in Beginners
Old 03-31-2007, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not th response i was looking from yo guys seem to be more interested in punctuation and no i havent spent 8000 did i say that friggin hell i spent 3k and its was 3k of the overpayment i asked the same question as another forum and got some good responses last time i use this forum i was after a few theories and get people who are crying about punctuation as if you guys are royalty or somethning later adn thank you to the people who actually replied a proper answer

[/ QUOTE ]

[IANAL but this is my understanding of how payment errors are handled in the UK]

If you agree that they overpaid you then should contact them, explain you're poor and have spent the money and work out a payment plan. Even if its like $25/month for the next 10 years they'll might go with that, which should be within your means.

If you refuse to pay, they can take you to court. The money you spent wasn't yours. The fact that you didn't notice the extra money and spent it is your problem, not theirs and they are entitled to have it back.

Provided you show you are willing to pay the money back over a reasonable period (taking in to account your personal circumstances) a court would be satisfied with the way you're dealing with it, so the site won't both persuing you.

green_tea
Old 03-31-2007, 08:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Everyone here needs to start using punctuation because it is really annoying to try to read something like this you know what I mean I can't follow what's going on my brain hurts die die

[/ QUOTE ]

I stopped reading after a few seconds after I began to get a headache. I read everybody else's posts and tried to pick up some clues from those.
Old 03-31-2007, 08:54 PM

At least your 3 for 3! You post this on three different
2+2 boards. And none of them believe you didn't notice
an extra three grand in your account.

At least you put the money to good use and blew it all
partying with your friends!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This happend in february and i having not checked my bank statement for along time in those 2 months have spent the money that overpaid me on various things such as going out with friends things i do on a weekly basis.
Thinking im paying with my own money which i get paid frmo work and little extra from poker and having received the email they want the moeny back i however checkin my statement. Like i said no longer have this moeny and cannot afford to pay them back i am auniversity student and money is smoethin i can get hold of what procedures can they place on me to get there money back at the end of the day i see it as they made the mistake it was there error and i having not known till 2 days ago was not in the wrnog thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 03-31-2007, 09:35 PM

troll
Old 03-31-2007, 09:46 PM

I want to know what University he goes to, so I can see about him getting kicked out. At least alert the Government to the total waste of their money.
Old 03-31-2007, 09:58 PM

Had to know it was there, but anyways... Your credit will be screwed after it goes to collections, but you won't do any time... Just don't answer the door. Israeli's don't mess around. And get yourself a gun GL.