Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > STT Strategy
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2007, 02:27 PM

Default Re: $225: 2nd chip stack bubble

The reason I didn't just plug it into SNGPT is because ICM can't predict the future (i.e., going bust here is horrible). Does that change anyone's answer?
Old 11-13-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the 66 from the button is a push without bigstack being an enormous idiot calling off close to 20%

SB should be coming along a reasonable amount of time, with only 825 after posting, which helps your cause.

Hand 2 is an easy shove w ith all of them calling like 30%? Its plus EV all the wya up to 50%, close to breakeven with all of them on 50% (and then gets better than breakeven after that)

Even with both shortys at 7% and bigstack at 27% t his is still a clear push w/ 55 here for 1100 dead money.

The only way I see this being bad is if both shortys are c alling tight and big st ack calling very loose

[/ QUOTE ]

scotty, how much equity do think you gain by folding?

i was trying to run some pushes using wiz/sngpt, but these programs really dont work in these types of situations when two calls are very probably.

so therefore i had to use the advanced mathematical technique of guessing there was more equity to gain by folding.
Old 11-13-2007, 03:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 2 is an easy shove w ith all of them calling like 30%? Its plus EV all the wya up to 50%, close to breakeven with all of them on 50% (and then gets better than breakeven after that)

[/ QUOTE ]

I assume you're doing this in SNGPT. It's assuming that if you get called by button, the other two automatically fold, which seems quite unlikely. To see the difference, assume both shorties never call and leave big stack at 50%.

Anyway, if either of the shorties busts after you fold your equity gain is in the neighborhood of 2%. There's got to be a very good chance of that happening if you fold, though that'll be balanced some by the times it doesn't happen and big stack shoves your BB next hand.

Also, does the BB really fold that much here with half his stack already in the middle? Even if the button folds it's not like he's guaranteed to get ITM by folding to a shove from you or the big stack.
Old 11-13-2007, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i was trying to run some pushes using wiz/sngpt, but these programs really dont work in these types of situations when two calls are very probably.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, the Wizard does support overcalls.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to disagree with the wiz himself, but the wiz program does not really handle this situation. for example, if you push hand 2, and the sb calls, then the bb is gonna fold like 98% of the time. if you push hand 2, and it is folded to the bb, then he might call with top 40% or so.

so what i am saying is you can type in call ranges, but once one person calls then the next guy is gonna be a lot tighter and so on. so once a call is made the call percentage you put in for the next guy is no longer accurate.

imagine hand 2, you push, button calls, sb pushes, the bb is gonna probably fold 99%.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:38 PM

Dont push with either imo...
Old 11-13-2007, 07:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sorry to disagree with the wiz himself, but the wiz program does not really handle this situation. for example, if you push hand 2, and the sb calls, then the bb is gonna fold like 98% of the time. if you push hand 2, and it is folded to the bb, then he might call with top 40% or so.

so what i am saying is you can type in call ranges, but once one person calls then the next guy is gonna be a lot tighter and so on. so once a call is made the call percentage you put in for the next guy is no longer accurate.

imagine hand 2, you push, button calls, sb pushes, the bb is gonna probably fold 99%.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you scroll down to the Analysis Details section, you can enter a different calling range when the player is calling 2 pushes. In fact, you can enter a different opponent hand range for each possible outcome.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:35 PM

Both are really easy pushes.
Edit: especially the way you suck out :P

Ryan
Old 11-13-2007, 10:40 PM

I def push either one, but I come in 4th place more any other place I think.