Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2007, 01:31 PM

Default Re: Found BlackBerry

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would rather keep it as my own than waste my time returning it. I have lost my fair share of phones so it all works out in the grand scheme of things. I am sure that whoever has a phone this nice has insurance on it anyways. Regardless if the ethical issue, how do I go about activating this phone as my own?

[/ QUOTE ]

He will report it to his service provider as lost. As soon as you bring it in, they will input the serial code and see that the phone is someone elses that they reported as lost. Just do the right thing and stop being a douche.

My boss left his Nextel in a public bathroom, called Nextel and reported it lost. The next day a Nextel store called and said someone had come in a tried to activate it and they refused saying it belonged to my boss. The guy apparently tried to lie and say he bought it on eBay. They told him no, the owner reported it lost, kept the phone, then called my boss to come get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the case for Nextel, but not Cingular. This has worked too many times for my friends for it to be a fluke.

Cup
Old 05-06-2007, 01:42 PM

OP, why?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:45 PM

why what?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would rather keep it as my own than waste my time returning it. I have lost my fair share of phones so it all works out in the grand scheme of things. I am sure that whoever has a phone this nice has insurance on it anyways. Regardless if the ethical issue, how do I go about activating this phone as my own?

[/ QUOTE ]

He will report it to his service provider as lost. As soon as you bring it in, they will input the serial code and see that the phone is someone elses that they reported as lost. Just do the right thing and stop being a douche.

My boss left his Nextel in a public bathroom, called Nextel and reported it lost. The next day a Nextel store called and said someone had come in a tried to activate it and they refused saying it belonged to my boss. The guy apparently tried to lie and say he bought it on eBay. They told him no, the owner reported it lost, kept the phone, then called my boss to come get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This may be the case for Nextel, but not Cingular. This has worked too many times for my friends for it to be a fluke.

Cup

[/ QUOTE ]

What a great group of friends you have!

You know, sometimes when people are dropping off movies at the video store, they leave there car running! fools! they're practically asking you to take it!
Old 05-06-2007, 01:46 PM

the world truly would be a far better place if people like the OP vanished from earth
Old 05-06-2007, 01:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
why what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Why are you being a douchebag?
Old 05-06-2007, 01:51 PM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

[ QUOTE ]
You're a thief .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-06-2007, 01:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
the world truly would be a far better place if people like the OP vanished from earth

[/ QUOTE ]

no doubt, and he's the worst kind, cause he really thinks there's nothing wrong with what he's doing. very sad.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:53 PM

OP,

HIS BLACKBERRY PROBABLY HAS GPS AND THEY ARE TRACKING YOU RIGHT NOW!!!

RUNNNNNNNNNNNNN
Old 05-06-2007, 01:53 PM

My troll-meter is going off on this one.
But people like this really do exist unfortunately and I guess it's just too likely that this guy is the thieving idiot he claims to be.

Consider that the owner might have some important date and phone #'s on the damn thing.
LOL at 'not taking care of it'.
He dropped it or it fell out of his coat-pocket or something.
Accidents happen.
The analogy of stealing someone's car for leaving it laying around is a good one.

Seriously, WTF is the matter with you that you wouldn't just call the guy and get it returned to him?

Side-story: GF dropped her cell-phone somewhere outside my place last week.
In the parking-lot or somewhere I guess.
Very thankful whoever found it returned it to the front-office. But when it was returned the front-office people let it sit there letting the battery almost completely die.

I spent all day calling the number and walking around trying to find it.
After about my 25th call of the thing FINALLY someone in the damn office answers it to report that they were holding it.

And you couldn't have answered it earlier?

This was while I was walking around the restaurant where we were the night before. I had already retraced our steps at a couple other places.

The owner is probably freaking out trying to find it INCLUDING going to the damn bar where you picked it up.
You didn't even need to contact the guy yourself, although that would have been a classy thing that most nice human-beings would do.
You could have just left it at the bar and let him come get it himself.

Again, wow. WTF is the matter with you?
Closed Thread