(6 max) - $1/$2 - No Limit Hold'em

UTG ($36)
CO: ($374.35)
Button ($75.40)
SB: ($503.60)
BB - Hero: ($303.65)

Hero posts the big blind of $2

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero [6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]]

UTG folds
CO raises to $8
Button calls $8
SB calls $7
Hero calls $6

*** FLOP *** [2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Pot is $32

SB checks
Hero bets $20
CO has 15 seconds left to act
CO calls $20
Button folds
SB folds

*** TURN *** [2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]]
Pot is $52

Hero checks
CO bets $45
Hero calls $45

*** RIVER *** [2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
Pot is $132

Hero checks
CO bets $60
Hero has 15 seconds left to act...

Call this river? How's this line?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:19 PM

Default Re: 66 is an overpair, multiway pot

Can I get some responses? My father and I had a long argument about this line (he thinks it sucks I think it's solid)

edit: would anyone consider a pf 3-bet here?
Old 12-01-2006, 05:31 PM

As played, I would have folded the turn bet. I'm a total newbie, though.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:36 PM

As played I c/f the river. Even if vilain is bluffing he might be bluffing with a better hand than yours. I don't like your line. If you can play a NFD this fast and vilain is aware of that you can still c/rai the river (but you need to be sure that vilain can make big lay down like a small flush here)
Old 12-01-2006, 05:50 PM

It seems like the timing on this would have made me think he is either bluffing or has a monster (or he is mulit tabling and doing stuff on other tables). (if he is bluffing he probably has a 3 or at least an ace).

On the flop, he is probably pausing either to think about whether to call/fold or call/raise. On the turn and river, it seems like he is either deciding whether to bluff or check, or deciding how much to bet.

Since people at this level are usually too passive with draws, I would have just folded the turn against an unknown.

Edit: I am tired and missed the flush draw alltogether..

I still think folding the turn is good.
Old 12-01-2006, 05:52 PM

I think I would go for a c/r on the flop.

I doubt he calls with only overs. But as played I fold the river.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:01 PM

I don't like the way you played it on the flop. I am checking into the villian, waiting for him to act. Given that he bets, I reraise/fold. If he bets and I reraise I have a chance to see where I am at in the hand. If he raises me depending on this particular villian I am almost always walking away from the hand without expending to much money. I think folding to his raise on the flop is also a fine option. Given the way you played the hand, I am folding the river most of the time, unless I have a sick read on my opponent.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:11 PM

OK these responses seem weird to me. I don't see why anyone would C/R this flop, as it bloats the pot with a very vulnerable hand, and a flush draw + 2 overs would probably just shove.
River C/R seems a bit insane to me, but maybe it's good in some situations. I have only been at the table with this villain for 20 mins though, so I can't tell what he would lay down.

Preflop, I think an argument can be made for folding, calling, or raising. I opted to call.

The flop is tough. I usually wouldn't continue in this hand without a set, but I've made an overpair. I figured I would take a stab and try to take the pot down now, and reevaluate on later streets if called. I probably would lay this down to a raise unless I got some kind of a read.

On the turn, I considered betting out again, but I figured check-calling would help control the pot size and possibly widen the range of hands villain with which villain would put more money in the pot. The best result would have been for villain to check behind.

This river is really bad. I think AQ was definately in villain's range, as well as two clubs. I checked, and he bet relatively small. This looked like a value bet to me and I couldn't really put villain on any hands that I had beat so I folded.

What do you guys think of this reasoning?
Old 12-01-2006, 06:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't like the way you played it on the flop. I am checking into the villian, waiting for him to act. Given that he bets, I reraise/fold. If he bets and I reraise I have a chance to see where I am at in the hand. If he raises me depending on this particular villian I am almost always walking away from the hand without expending to much money. I think folding to his raise on the flop is also a fine option. Given the way you played the hand, I am folding the river most of the time, unless I have a sick read on my opponent.

[/ QUOTE ]

it's a 4-way pot on the flop, and villain called.
Old 12-01-2006, 06:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is the worst advice possible. C/R the flop bloats the bot with 2 suites and a possible straight out there. If villain calls there is absolutely no card you want to see on the turn. Villain can easily push with AK or 2 clubs or 77/88/99/TT. C/R does nothing to "show where you're at."

I check / call the flop and turn. As played, I also call the turn, but fold the river.