Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 02:18 AM

Default Re: ***Carolina Panthers 2007 Thread***

Steve Smith basically called out Jarrett in the locker room the other day in front of reporters. Jarrett was talking to the media and Smith suggested quite loudly that Jarrett "go study more film". Too early to call him a bust, but there are definitely a few red flags popping up.

We are so horrible to watch right now. We have no kind of offense and the defense is the same as it always is, which is average at best. I really hope we blow this thing up with a new staff (Cowheronetimeplease) and attempt to build some kind of offense.
Old 11-12-2007, 03:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Steve Smith basically called out Jarrett in the locker room the other day in front of reporters. Jarrett was talking to the media and Smith suggested quite loudly that Jarrett "go study more film". Too early to call him a bust, but there are definitely a few red flags popping up.

We are so horrible to watch right now. We have no kind of offense and the defense is the same as it always is, which is average at best. I really hope we blow this thing up with a new staff (Cowheronetimeplease) and attempt to build some kind of offense.

[/ QUOTE ]

it would be so sick if we could get cowher. i like john fox, but he's on the hot seat. he'll probably get one more year tops, but i won't be surprised if he's gone after this season. either way i still think we need to start looking for another qb. delhomme is/was a solid starter, but i think his time is drawing to a close. the d will be fine if we can get a half decent safety.

edit: cowher lives in raleigh right?
Old 11-12-2007, 10:25 AM

I dont even think the secondary has been that bad. Lucas has played very well, and Gamble hasn't completely sucked. Harris has been fine. They are just getting no help at all from the defensive line. Nine sacks is unacceptable at this point with the amount of cap space going into the D-Line. If the line could play averagely, the secondary should pick up. I think Beason has been great too.

Offense is just stale. No one wants to throw to Smith anymore. When your two QBs weren't on rosters to start the season, though, you can't expect much.
Old 11-14-2007, 02:19 PM

Is there any truth to the rumors that the Panthers could get Bill Cowher for next year?

If so, how much of a difference would getting Cowher make on the team?

Would Marty Schottenheimer be a better fit to fix a struggling offense?

Does John Fox even deserve blame for the season or is the injury to Jake Delhomme take the biggest part of the blame?

IMO, I think Cowher would make a big difference to the team. The kind of respect he would get would be huge and Carolina could possibly return to the defensive powerhouse it used to be before Jack Del Rio left for Jacksonville.

I think Delhomme's injury has hurt the team more than Fox's coaching. I still think there needs to be a change at the position but it is not entirely Fox's fault.

That being said, I think Cowher would be a better fit than Schottenheimer because injuries are playing a big part on the struggling offense.

Just looking for your guy's take.
Old 11-18-2007, 05:58 PM

ugh. at least peppers played well. time to start paying more attention to mel's big board
Old 11-18-2007, 06:26 PM

lol
Old 11-18-2007, 06:27 PM

what an ugh game

didnt even have a chance
Old 11-18-2007, 06:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lol

[/ QUOTE ]

hah. how's the booth treating you
Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 PM

we are gross. anyone see this? i actually didn't catch the game so i'd love details as to exactly how we got owned.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
we are gross. anyone see this? i actually didn't catch the game so i'd love details as to exactly how we got owned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Think of what you would like to see on sunday out of the team. They did the exact opposite.

Carolina needs to find a way to get like 20 draft picks this year, because I can think of maybe five players I like having on the team.