Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-18-2006, 02:37 PM

Default Re: bank roll

Yeah, Mr. Bluenose, good points.

Having myself experienced the vagaries of variance, I concur that 300BB is minimum. 500BB gives much better protection and peace of mind. And I agree that as BR becomes smaller, one should go down in stakes. In other words, your BR should determine the stakes at which you play. And, you should withdraw some % from your BR once in a while. Otherwise, you will end up oscillating between buidling up BR at lower tables and emptying it at bigger tables!
Old 10-18-2006, 03:19 PM

500 BB thats quite a bit! i usually keep about 250 BB or less... maybe thats why ive gone busto 2 times now. Its really annoying and i recommend not doing as i did. being a good player requires good bankroll management. hopefully the 3rd time around i will listen to my own words. I dont want to end up like mike the mouth (borrowing money to get in a game).
Old 10-18-2006, 05:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I wish you'd post more, bluenose.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm too busy having 200-300BB downswings [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] But yes, I will try and post more often.

[ QUOTE ]
500 BB thats quite a bit! i usually keep about 250 BB or less... maybe thats why ive gone busto 2 times now. Its really annoying and i recommend not doing as i did. being a good player requires good bankroll management. hopefully the 3rd time around i will listen to my own words. I dont want to end up like mike the mouth (borrowing money to get in a game).

[/ QUOTE ]

Being overbankrolled is a lot better than being underbankrolled [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] There's nothing wrong with 250BB if you can drop down if it gets to a certain point, but if you're sitting there with 30BB left in your BR for the game you're playing, then there's something wrong [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]