Old 11-10-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Getting quartered or worse in PLO8

This is the first time ever I play PLO8, so be gentle and thorough. $11 MTT

Full Tilt Poker
Pot Limit Omaha Hi/Lo
Blinds: $50/$100
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) roggles is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
3 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, CO folds, roggles calls, SB folds, BB checks.

Flop: 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($450, 4 players)
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $100</font>, roggles calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] ($850, 4 players)
BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 bets $425</font>, roggles calls, BB calls, MP2 calls.

River: 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($2550, 4 players)
BB checks, <font color="#cc0000">MP2 is all-in $1705</font>, <font color="#cc0000">MP3 raises all-in $1752</font>, roggles calls, BB calls.

Results:
Final pot: $9511
Old 11-10-2007, 09:05 PM

Default Re: Getting quartered or worse in PLO8

Roggles - I'm wondering why you posted this hand. I'm guessing you got sixthed or eighthed. Either that or you were the only nut low and wonder how you could have gotten more out of your losing opponents.

I think the way you played it is pretty standard and straightforward, except that I'd go all-in on the river, hoping to knock out BB and in so doing promote Hero's chances for high.

Buzz
Old 11-11-2007, 01:52 AM

i would raise or fold the flop.

with that hand on the button i am also potting it preflop.
Old 11-11-2007, 11:58 AM

Because it is four way and the stack sizes are presumably close (please include stack sizes for Pot-limit hands), you're generally not losing money here, although you'd be in a much better spot with counterfeit protection of some sort. As played, any ace or deuce on the river would likely be disastrous for you.

Since it is early in an MTT, it is likely that many of the players in the hand have a similar PLO8 skill set to yours. Even the newest noob understands that A2 makes the nut low, but the novice is more likely to hang out with A3 and a prayer for a deuce to fall, or three highs fighting it out.

If you got sextupled or octivated, that's just bad luck and not the standard story. If you got quartered, did you actually lose any chips here?
Old 11-11-2007, 04:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i would raise or fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would definitely raise here, you have position, they just min-bet the flop, that bet could be a blocker A2xx or spade draw and you have TPTK with nut low draw, pretty strong heads up IMO, I dont want to let the spade draw get a cheap look at the turn ever which could lead to them with a lock on high and possibly pick off your low if a 2 or Ace hits the river

Also, if you have any stats on better that would help on deciding to raise