Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM

Default Two pair against super passive dude

Villian is a 35/2/.31 callbox donkey over 250 hands. How's this look to you?

PokerStars 3/6 Hold'em (6 handed) Poker Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Preflop: Hero is CO with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls, MP calls.

Flop: (6.33 SB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, MP checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP folds.

Turn: (4.16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (6.16 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 10.16 BB
Old 11-06-2007, 12:07 PM

Default Re: Two pair against super passive dude

I dont know that I like the river raise. Your hand is strong, but he has shown a lot of aggression for somebody so passive. I think calling is better overall.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:19 PM

when you raise the turn you make it yourself allot easier
Old 11-06-2007, 12:38 PM

I hate raising the turn here... if indeed this turn donk means strength, which is usually does (straight, set, or 2p, which will be a higher 2p or the same 2p given his vpip), then you are basically giving away your 2-4 outer by raising the turn unless you plan on calling a 3 bet (which will be somewhat close). If this was a 55/2/.31 I like the river raise cus his donking range includes 2 pair hands we beat, here I just call down.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:29 PM

I'd raise turn instead of waiting until river. If I get 3-bet I will call down and make a note. This is a passive villain who takes a strange semi-aggressive line. I don't really know what to make of it.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise turn instead of waiting until river. If I get 3-bet I will call down and make a note. This is a passive villain who takes a strange semi-aggressive line. I don't really know what to make of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

It means, "I made my hand so I bet" or "I have a big draw so I bluff", but probably the first one most of the time. I think a lot of people think this way. The difficult part is determining what hand they hit, but it usually has top pair beat.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:38 PM

call turn and call river since villain has a draw or a better hand but you can't know wich. When you raise river he folds draws and calls or 3-bet better hands. No value in raising river here.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:45 PM

I dont see how we can do anything other than call down from the turn against this guy. I dont see the value in raising the river against somebody so passive because if he donked with some kinda weak pair/ draw combo he's probably gonna fold and if he has it hes gonna three bet so I'd prefer to just call and take notes on what he donked the turn with, that information could be worth alot to you later
Old 11-06-2007, 05:44 PM

If I raise this anywhere I do it on the turn where he has to call with his draws. Getting 11-1 there's no way I'm folding against a bad player and this one clearly is.