Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Travel

Old 07-12-2007, 03:49 AM

Default La Jolla hotels?

Lived in SD for a few years many years ago. Would like to take the wife and kid (5) to the WAP, Zoo, Beach and track sometime in August. We've stayed in Del Mar before and the Auberge or whatever its called kinda sucks. I like LJ Shores beach and a hotel there would be sweet. Walking distance to Jose's (tell me it is still there) a plus. The Sea Lodge might fit the bill-

anyway, i'm looking for a TR from someone who's stayed or from a local who is in the know.

thanks
Old 07-12-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: La Jolla hotels?

I'm in La Jolla right now to get married Saturday. We're at the Best Western Inn By The Sea. It's decent but not great. There's also the Empress, which I've heard is nice (though oceanview rooms at BWIBTS are much better). All hotels here are pricey.

Only been here a day, and I've mostly been working. But ate dinner last night at Alfonso's. If you don't go there while you're here, you don't even deserve to come here. GO THERE...it's one of the best Mexican food dinners I've ever had in my life. The Burrito Alfonso was absurdly good.

Try to let you know more as I spend more time here.