Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Full Ring
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:36 AM

Default Re: Full Ring 101 Questions - N00Bs ask here

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PTracker Question:

How often do you backup your pokertracker databases in case of a computer crash (or dropping computer in a lake, etc..)?
And, where do you backup the 1+ Gig files at? Are there websites that will host these size files for you? Or is it better to use an external hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

I would like to get into a routine to do it daily, but in reality, I only do it about once a week. You can accumulate a huge amount of data if you play a lot and trying to re-construct it by requesting hand histories, etc. would be a pain in the butt.

Fortunately, it is not too difficult for me to do because I have more than one hard drive.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow i never even thought about backing up my database, but def a good idea. is it easy? (i know im not considered a noob but [censored] that i can ask questions too)
Old 10-29-2007, 04:49 AM

easiest way to deposit money onto FTP?
Old 10-29-2007, 08:43 AM

[ QUOTE ]
easiest way to deposit money onto FTP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm considering cash transfer for my 1st deposit. Just send them money and pay about a $10 fee. I have done it previously for stars, so I'm comfortable with it. I don't have an epassporte acct, and not really excited by the comments in the epassport thread in the zoo. Any other suggestions?
Old 10-29-2007, 09:14 AM

use neteller, click2pay or a prepaid card
you cant cashout via prepaid though -.-
Old 10-29-2007, 10:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

netteller and click2pay no good for US members. Cash transfer or epass best bet?

If i use a prepaid how woud I cash out? Get a check?
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry if this is tl/dr. I am trying to find a sticky/poohbah post or any advice about play from the blinds. Particularly which hands are standard to complete with in the SB in a multiway pot and hands that are useful in defending a blind steal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't be to lose in SB. U'll be oop and quite often the flop will go check till the last player that will bet and u'll have to take a decision with both the worst position AND the worst relative position. U need to play hands that can give you the nuts on the flop or a very good draw quite often. PP, Axs, SCs, suited one/two gappers are good hands and your selection should be related to the table dynamic post flop. Play aggressively your draws. Never slowplay and bluff sometimes. Chosing between raising and completing with 77 or ATs can be very tricky but don't forget that if you really have some FE raise a lot.

[ QUOTE ]

I am currently just completing small blinds in multiway pots with the same hands I would limp from LP. In the BB I am always wondering if I should be defending against a button blind steal with hands like Kxs or 89o etc. This is primarily full ring NL play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't need to defend your blinds. If you wish to do so don't call with trashy hands. 3bet with a wide range (including trash like 64s or A2s but not K3s) and call with a small range (some pp up to AA). Cbet 2/3 PSB when you 3 bet, c/r with any hand when u called and think vilain didn't hit the flop.

The best "blind defense" is to be really agro in LP.

[ QUOTE ]

Currently running at -0.24ptBB/hand in the BB with 12% VPIP and folding 80% to steals and -0.08ptBB/hand in the SB with 35% VPIP and folding 85% to steals. (I have no idea what standard stats are for the blinds, I steal A LOT from the SB when I'm in weak-tight games so that's why SB VPIP is so high).

I used to run at close to 0 out of the SB but it was very high variance over a small sample of ~20k and I decided to tighten up a bit when completing and calling 3-4BB raises because I felt like I was starting to be exploited by the better players that understood position and try to steal more myself from the button instead so those profits have pretty much just moved to the button out of the SB.

[/ QUOTE ]
Don't have PT open on a FR base right now but what you said seems logical, as I said u need to steal more NOT to defind your blinds like a mad man.

[ QUOTE ]

As I said I am currently playing the small blind the same as the button in terms of completing in multiway pots, but I'm not sure how to play in terms of raised multiway pots and hands that are good enough to defend with out of the blinds. I realize this is player dependant, but even some advice on how to adjust villain's range in terms of stealing from the button or cutoff would be great.

[/ QUOTE ]

I hate to limp otb. Completing in SB can be ok. Please just raise otb. Even with 54s with 3 limpers a raise will be ev+. In some case to limp otb is the correct move but u need to learn to raise everytime u play CO/OTB before learning when u should only limp (basicly if a shorty is in the pot and will call preflop and call on the flop with most of his range while you hold something like 65s).
Old 10-29-2007, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

netteller and click2pay no good for US members. Cash transfer or epass best bet?

[/ QUOTE ]

www.Mywebatm.com

works great, easy to set up, fee's rnt too bad, and its quick.

been using it for almost a year now, and i love it (only works with FTP right now...but thats all i rly play on)
Old 10-29-2007, 12:39 PM

I like Moneybookers.com. Not sure if it's for US citizens. Can confirm it works at least with Full Tilt, Stars and Pacific...
Old 10-29-2007, 12:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

www.Mywebatm.com

works great, easy to set up, fee's rnt too bad, and its quick.

been using it for almost a year now, and i love it (only works with FTP right now...but thats all i rly play on)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see mywebatm offered as an option. Does it work for US?

I was planning to use check to cash out after I earn the new player bonus. epass didn't seem worth it. Stars' eCheck has been working well for me, and I'll probably move back there after I've cleared the bonus, unless I find I like FT better.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I like Moneybookers.com. Not sure if it's for US citizens. Can confirm it works at least with Full Tilt, Stars and Pacific...

[/ QUOTE ]

I like Moneybookers, too (I'm from Canada). It's quite easy to move money around from site to site to take advantage of the bonuses since there are no fees for transfering money to sites and back.

It just takes a couple of weeks to get a check from them and if you're bank is stingy like mine, they take a couple of weeks to clear as well because it's from a foreign bank (not MBs' fault). I believe for North America the checks are sent out of New York.

Works on Full Tilt, Pokerstars, Party Poker, Titan, and a bunch of others.