Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 09:43 AM

Default Re: What to do in Myrtle Beach, SC?

I've lived here the past 5 years so I'll try to give you a good rundown of what's good and what's not.

First, forget about the Spanish Galleon unless you want to hang out with a bunch of 45+ year olds who do nothing but listen and dance to Shag music. That place sucks!

As mentioned in other posts, Broadway at the Beach is probably the best place in town as far as nightlife. Many clubs and bars. Froggy Bottoms is probably the best as far as clubs, and the Dueling Pianos aka Crocodile Rocks is just awesome! Guaranteed to have a good time in there no matter what.

You can mark the Pavillion off the list of things to do as they tore it down just recently. It's a shame because it had a certain amount of history behind it. On a brighter note, we are getting a HUGE amusement park by late 2008. It's being built by Hard Rock Cafe. I've never seen an amusement park by them but it supposedly is going to be awesome.

If you want pretty good seafood in town, you can go to Captain George's or Phillips Seafood. They are both across the street from Broadway. There is also a Nascar Park there so you can get your go-kart fix on.

N. Myrtle Beach has a Japanese rest. called Nakato. IMO, this is the BEST Japanese around. MUCH better than Myabi or Yamato. You won't be disappointed! Dick's is in N. Myrtle at Barefoot Landing. The environment in there is awesome as well as the service. You'll definitely enjoy that too.

As mentioned earlier, if you like golf you won't have a problem whatsoever finding a place to go. Regular golf or mini-golf. We got plenty!

If you want to see boobies, the Masters is definitely the place. Hottest girls around and very cool atmosphere! If you prefer all-nude but it is BYOB, there is a place called Derriere's right around the corner from the Masters. IMO, I wouldn't go to any other strip joints as nothing will compare to these two.

Stay away from the gambling boats in Little River. They all suck and poker is basically non-existent on either. I played a 5-10 limit game once and they charged $5 a hand on rake! A HAND! WTF??!! Although I also played the 5c slots, won $65 in nickels, and when I took it to the teller she ran it through the machine, accidentally counted it as quarters, and paid me over $300!! BRAG!!!

If you have any questions or heard about somewhere to go and are not sure, just ask. I'll be glad to help.

-T