Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2007, 04:00 AM

Default Re: What to do in Myrtle Beach, SC?

[ QUOTE ]
Spanish galleonnnnnnnnnn

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be there in a month for our annual post-school myrtle week.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:07 AM

MB has a beautiful minor league baseball park. It is a low-level affiliate of the Braves, and it is located near Broadway at the Beach. You should definitely check it out. I saw Marcus Giles, Rafeal Furcal, Adam Wainwright, Kelly Johnson, and Ryan Langerhans there.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:14 AM

if mother fletchers is still open its a decent club. also millenium club is off of kings highway.

as another poster said the big mini golf place near the pavilion is ass, so don't go there.

I would suggest golfing since MB has a ton of courses and some pretty good values. Also if you are looking for good seafood head north to Calabash. Much better than any of the places around Myrtle, but it gets really busy so expect to wait a few minutes to get in.

I think there is a nascar go-carts place there too which is a pretty good way to kill an evening (all you can ride go-carts on 4-5 tracks for about $40).
Old 04-17-2007, 04:25 AM

OP, how old are you? That matters a lot. Being 21+ is quite different from being 18+ there from being < 18. Especially once senior weeks start.
Old 04-17-2007, 04:51 AM

if interested in pizza, check out the filling station(if its still there).. its a buffett style pizza place. I haven't been in 9 years but we used to eat there once a trip, of course I loved pizza back in those days, but still, good stuff. Small family owned type atmosphere.

I just did a google search, its still there and highly regarded, hell you can even make your own sandwhiches on the buffett.
Old 04-17-2007, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the help, guys, Broadway at the Beach sounds like it has a lot of promise, and I'm writing down Crabby Mikes for future reference.

Not looking for night clubs, bars or golfing as it's just me and my family. I'm 21 and so is the rest of my party, but we aren't gonna end up at those types of places.

Keep 'em coming, 2p2
Old 04-17-2007, 09:08 AM

gay dolphin
Old 04-17-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
MB has a beautiful minor league baseball park. It is a low-level affiliate of the Braves, and it is located near Broadway at the Beach. You should definitely check it out.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-17-2007, 10:20 AM

Old 04-17-2007, 10:32 AM

I went to Myrtle Beach about 2 years ago with a friend and stayed in a beach house on Murray's Inlet. Sadly, it was 'senior week', so the beach was filled with about 100 underage girls.

Places I specifically remember:

Broadway on the beach: (actually much farther from the hotels than you'd think):

- Froggy Bottoms: This place was ok - had a kind of cool cover house-band. It was divided into 3 main rooms - the entrance which had the cover bands (lots of 90's covers), a 2nd room that was mostly dance/techno, and a 3rd room that I don't remember well. I'd rate this place as average.

- Club Kryptonite - this is a big club that was probably the most fun of the trip. It's much more laid back than most clubs, the DJ's were great, and it was filled with hot girls. Be sure to pick up some of the free cover coupons or you'll pay $10 at the door. (These are in most of the travel magazines/flyers/etc).

- Freaky Tiki Club - we went here on our last night. This is right on Ocean ave. Highlights include a small foam room and guest appearances. (We got some lame MTV person). The music and venue was pretty cool, but this place had a very poor male-to-female ratio when I was there. Bonus points for an outdoor deck out back with a live band if you want to take a break from the music.

- Stool Pigeons - this is your locals bar on broadway on the beach. This is the very first bar we made it to on our trip out there - nothing fancy at all. However, we met 2 very cool local people who ended up driving us around the city late that night. There was another bar that's open later than all the other bars, but I don't recall the name. We ran into the guys from the band Seether there who bought us some drinks.

- We never made it to the dueling-piano bar, but it looked like a lot of fun. Despite my pressures to go there we didn't make it. I'd give it a shot.

- There's tons of golf (and minigolf) everywhere

Overall, enjoy the southern accent on the girls! PM me if you have any questions.