FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Agree or disagree?
Yes 3 25.00%
No 9 75.00%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Default Re: Al Gore for President: The Inconvenient Truth

"He wants it bad "

Never heard of a worse reason to give someone power.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well keep in mind Chuck Hagel is THE most conservative member of the house, so voting for him over Hillary might not be such a good idea.

I dont think Gore can really harbor ill feelings due to 2000, most thinking shows that him distancing himself from Clinton actually hurt more then it helped.

Edwards does have a shot, i just dont think its a good one. He would have to win or place 2nd in IA, NH, NV AND SC in order to do good on the first Super Primary day. Thats a tall order vs. 2 very well funded opponents who the public likes more.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll still take him over hillary
Old 03-28-2007, 09:43 PM

Can i ask why you would not vote for Hillary, but would vote for Hagel? I assume you are a very conservative Democrat?
Old 04-22-2007, 08:52 AM

Ya, no way Gore is going to run here. Thinking this is happening is very stupid.

Gore campaign team assembles in secret
By Tim Shipman in Washington, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 11:59pm BST 21/04/2007
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...22/wgore22.xml
Old 04-22-2007, 11:55 AM

I'd say... 5% chance. I dunno... he just doesn't seem interested. Did you see his Oscar acceptance speech? Does that look like a guy ready ready to make a presidential run?

That being said, I think he'd make a great President.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
He couldn't win the presidency and here is why.

He has stated over and over this past 6 months or so that he will not run for president. If he ran for president I can imagine that would just give the GOP ammo they need to shoot down his chances.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would that be such an issue? I don't know if AL GORE: HE CHANGES HIS MIND SOMETIMES is really a message that would kill public support. But then again, I can see the major oil companies bumping tons of cash into a smear campaign. The money will definitely be there.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
By coincidence we watched Inconvenient Truth last night. It would be an understatement to say I was not impressed. Tell me, what does Al's son being hit by a car or his sister getting cancer have to do with global warming?

It was total propaganda with Al cast in the role of the knight in shining armor.

The Poker Mom

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sorry, I've been trying to understand why some people react this way to the documentary, and I just can't. Is it that labeling the whole thing as propaganda makes you feel better about ignoring the message? The director tried to show who Gore was as a person, what has influenced him along his path. Particularly his sisters death- this was done to show that the Gore family, too, was part of the problem. That they were as guilty as anyone of waiting until it was too late. Did the film try and play on people's emotions? Of course. All good documentaries do. It would have been a much more boring film if it had not been done in this fashion. But it baffles me why this would be your focal point after watching the film, instead of the wealth of evidence that global warming is a serious issue. I guess it's easier this way.

I think that kind of reaction is like being told there was a bomb headed for the city in 24 hours, and spending the next day in your house talking about how you didn't like the messenger's shoes.
Old 04-22-2007, 08:02 PM

Hillary can't win. I speak to many mega-liberals who say they cannot vote for here.

Gore-Obama is a winner.
Old 04-23-2007, 01:07 AM

Gore is a brillant debater? Who has he debated against? Quayle, Kemp and Bush?

Didn't he do really poorly against Bush?

All he does now is talk about one issue in front of a bunch of people who agree with him...

but on the other hand, he is super serial
Old 04-23-2007, 03:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He's a brilliant debater

[/ QUOTE ]

His debates against GWB kinda went down in political infamy...

not so much the content of what he was saying, but rather how odd he seemed in them (the forced sighing, the bright orange make up, the "lock box" repitition, etc.)

Alot of people think the debates actually cost him the election (please resist the urge to post your 'omfg it was stolenz from him' rants, you know what I mean)

That having been said I think Gore wins the general election if he were to get the Democratic nomination. In fact I think any white male Democrat wins the 2008 election easily. For some reason the Dems think now is a good time to experiment...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I think you are right. He did get hurt during the debates. It's pathetic that people vote based on looks, mannerisms etc. Thankfully Bush was elected and the next 6 years were fruitful and really propelled our country. Wait..nevermind.