Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-04-2007, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Playing Professional, Tunica.

Well, when do I get to this end? It seems like for me bad cards always beat my good cards. And I know it's not about the cards it's about the person, but how can I out play a person who doesn't even use level 2, 3 or 4 thinking?

I know my problem is over thinking every situation. How can I fix this?
Old 10-04-2007, 04:44 PM

You can't out play a rich person nor a poor person. If someone is going to put their money in regardless, you are left to see what the cards bring. It's called gambling. Can you make a living at it? Maybe. But you cannot make a living at it and always be blaming the "fools" for not doing what is "right".

If you cannot take hits in stride then you cannot be a successful professional at this game. I would love to play in a game with rich folks who will call me down all the way. If you want to keep pumping money into a pot where you have a whole 4 outs, feel free. I am going to win more often then I lose so why not want it.

Now as for Tunica, I have no idea. I have yet to make it down there to play but will change that next month I hope. I have always been told that most folks will bet on if the sun is going to come up in Tunica. So if that is the mentality, which from what I have read seems to be, then you have to love it or leave it.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:45 PM

Play one level higher than your opposition, that's all you need to do.

And seriously, you're not ready to play professionally.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:49 PM

Making them pay to play crap like 10,4 & 6,3 soooooted is the right move. If you're not that strong, then play small ball & control the pot size. You can't bluff a calling station so I wouldn't get carried away with the bluffs. Generally, in my experience, these same kinda players will check to you or check behind but folding is out of the question for most if they have any piece of the board.
Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have always been told that most folks will bet on if the sun is going to come up in Tunica.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Old 10-04-2007, 04:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, thanks for the feedback, but I think you guys are missing the point.

One of you said: "you want the rich fish to never fold"

Wrong. You must think you are going to hit your flop more than you are going to make it. Nope. You miss the flop with EVERY hand about two thirds of the time. So, if I am raising it up three times the big blind--which is 6 dollars and is a joke to these people in 1/2 nl--they reraise to 25 or 40--and I have to call with my AK or pocket tens--and then guess what, I miss the flop as you are going to do. The times I connect with the flop do not make up for the price I have to pay for the times I miss the flop in this type of game. And forget about out playing anyone--they see every river and every show down no matter what. I had a guy call me down all the way with bottom pair of fives--and no he didn't get a read on me--he was just too dumb to fold--there were straights out there, not to mention every card was an over card. I've had KK cracked several times by people holding 10 4 and making two pair because they won't fold for a 25 dollar re raise. I've had AA cracked pre-flop by 63 when he wouldn't fold to my all in bet of 125 dollars. And this type of stuff is the norm--it is not a rarity.

I guess that's the price I pay for being one of the smartest people in my state--which isn't saying much anyway. I play better against smart people than these morons. Oh well.

So anyway, thanks for the input, but I guess you guys just don't know Tunica style poker.

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL this has to be a joke...I would LOVE for my AA to get cracked by 63 all in preflop, because that would mean my opponent put all his money in the pot as a huge underdog. When you are playing poker, you make money from your opponents mistakes. That is where variance comes into play, sure you won't win every time you get AA in vs a much worse hand, but you will win more often then you lose. The worse people are playing, the more profitable the game, although the variance will be higher. As long as you have a substantial bankroll a good player will be able to crush a game like this.

Playing professionally is a bad idea for you until you have a better understanding about the fundamentals of the game.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:01 PM

I will give OP one thing...he's right about the preflop raise of $6...average 1/2nl PF raise in an unopened pot is probably $12-$15 with $20-$25 being common in a loose game. Everybody at the table will call you for $6. Don't be scared to stroke it, you'll usually get some action.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 PM

This has to be a joke.

Why is everyone wasting their time replying to a "pro" who won't play in a no-limit game because everyone plays terrible cards and never folds.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:10 PM

Ok, let's see:

Thanks to some of you.

And comments such as, "obviously you are not ready to play professionally" are not needed. Well, obviously I know this, otherwise why am I here asking for help? So, those comments are empty and useless.

To the guy that said, "awesome! I'll love to put all my money in against those idiots with bad hands" Great dude, more power to you, have fun for the 3 minutes you will last at the table. I'd put my AA all in in a heart beat every day of the week against 63--that's not my point--my point is, in Tunica, every hand beats every hand--there are no great hands, Tunica is cursed. I can tell you several bad beat stories, but I cannot tell you a sinlge great hand actually held up story. There has to be something to that...

And don't worry Brad, I never bluff because it never works.

But anyway, Brad, where do you live? Maybe you can take me under your wing and help me out or whatever.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have always been told that most folks will bet on if the sun is going to come up in Tunica.

[/ QUOTE ]

You have no idea!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I cannot wait to get down there..... just strap on my seatbelt and hold on huh....