Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-04-2007, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Stop talking about the games getting harder...

[ QUOTE ]
You see, this is exactly my point, a bunch of mediocre players, who were never good to start with, and claiming the games are just too hard now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, I never said the games are unbeatable, or too hard, though the numbers clearly show more rocks per table than pre-UIGEA. And it's also plainly clear that UIGEA has had a lot to do with it, because it is more difficult to deposit, sometimes impossible to withdraw, and certainly a bigger pain in the butt to the most casual users, to play.

[ QUOTE ]
So much of this the "games are unbeatable now" crap is just mediocre break-even players looking for an excuse instead of doing the hard work of looking into their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

In the interests of not harshing on your buzz, I avoided saying the very same to you. You're the one who seems more desperate to find some new fish. I'm thinking if you spent less time trying to recruit people to your cause -- which appears from your text to be trying to convince the general public that it's as easy as it ever was to play online for mobnies -- and more time working on your game, you'd be able to beat everyone at your tables and not have to worry about finding fresh fish, because you'd already be pwning all your opponents.

Me? I won't claim to be balla, but I'll play whoever sits down, and if I can't beat 'em, then I know it's time to find the leak, not whine about how there's not enough fish. Your OP seems to be doing that.
Old 04-04-2007, 05:45 PM

i pretty much tell anyone who asks that they will not lose much (if any) while clearing bonus at the low stakes.

that being said, only a few of my friends that play live have signed up.

i'm retired from recuiting....
ez
Old 04-04-2007, 07:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The truth is, the game *has* gotten harder. If you want to lie to your friends, to convince them to play, just in order to make the game easier for *you*, then you're not exactly their friend now, are you? You want to recruit fresh fish into the pool? Then get the laws changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, this is exactly my point, a bunch of mediocre players, who were never good to start with, and claiming the games are just too hard now. So much of this the "games are unbeatable now" crap is just mediocre break-even players looking for an excuse instead of doing the hard work of looking into their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Strawman
Old 04-04-2007, 07:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The truth is, the game *has* gotten harder. If you want to lie to your friends, to convince them to play, just in order to make the game easier for *you*, then you're not exactly their friend now, are you? You want to recruit fresh fish into the pool? Then get the laws changed.

[/ QUOTE ]

You see, this is exactly my point, a bunch of mediocre players, who were never good to start with, and claiming the games are just too hard now. So much of this the "games are unbeatable now" crap is just mediocre break-even players looking for an excuse instead of doing the hard work of looking into their game.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Getting harder" is not equal to "too hard". Compared to 2003, the first is true for everyone, whereas the second is only true for 85% or so.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:55 PM

very creative on your part and I like your answers.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:56 PM

Frankly, the game *should* be getting harder, because as more players who came in during the boom play longer, most can't help but get better, to some extent.

Of course, the OP's numbers on Sharkscope are -34% ROI at an average stake of $2, and a present form of "Super Tilt", and his MTT numbers are like -98% ROI.
Old 04-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Oh, I wouldn't lie to friends either, but you know random people that ask I would make sure to tell them there are ways are the Neteller disaster at least.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:03 PM

I'm not sure why OP has drawn so much criticism. If you believe the games are too hard, or too nitty, or too sharky, by all means tell your friends that. But why do you continue to play, then, if its not good?

And if its good enough for you to risk your cash, then why would you tell someone else its no good? Unless, of course, it sooo good that you don't want anyone to know.

My point is that OP's point is 100% valid. If you believe online poker to be fair, and potentially profitable, tell people that. That ain't censorship or misinformation.

And if you believe it sucks, stop playing, of course. OPs point is directed to those who whine, piss, and moan to others BUT PLAY ONLINE, which works to actively defeat the pursuit you are engaged in. Which, of course, simply makes no sense, and is self defeating.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:10 PM

Guys...I only play 200NL right now but it hasnt gotten any harder
Old 04-04-2007, 10:43 PM

The games are indeed more difficult than couple years ago no questions ask. Back in the day all you needed to do was hit a set and you would take some ones stack who has top pair. The problem is everyone has played holdem before. Everyone has seen it on tv and has some what of a strategy. The key is getting a card game other than holdem more popular then everyone doesn't know basic strategy.