Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes Limit
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2007, 06:09 PM

Default JTo - another river decision

Villain is unknown LAG.

Party Poker
Limit Holdem Ring game
Limit: $0.15/$0.3
10 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (10 players) Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG folds, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 (poster) checks, MP3 calls, <font color="#cc0000">CO calls all-in $0.13</font>, Hero calls, SB calls, BB (poster) checks.

Flop: 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (7.87SB, 7 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 6.93SB, Sidepot 1: 0.93SB)
SB checks, BB checks, UTG+1 checks, MP1 checks, MP2, folds, MP3 checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, 2 folds.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (5.93BB, 4 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 3.47BB, Sidepot 1: 2.47BB)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, 2 folds, Hero calls.

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.93BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 3.47BB, Sidepot 1: 4.47BB)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero ????

Call or raise?
Old 04-18-2007, 06:24 PM

Default Re: JTo - another river decision

If those are the options, call or raise, I call. Raising will only get you 3 bet when you are behind. He MAY call with a worse hand, but you said he was unknown. What if he can 3 bet bluff?

One of the biggest leaks I have plugged is too much raises against bluffers. I have almost removed that from my arsenal. The other thing to is that sometimes people will use obviously scary cards/boards to try to make other people fold marginal hands.

I sincerely doubt the river helped this gentleman but you still don't know where you stand.
Old 04-18-2007, 06:30 PM

I call. Given the board, our hands hasnt improved as much as it might first appear.

TJO, what was you plan against this guy if river was a blank? what if you raise and he 3bangs the river? these are questions you should be asking yourself when considering a raise and no, not all LAGs are created equal [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 PM

call
Old 04-18-2007, 07:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I call

TJO, what was you plan against this guy if river was a blank?

[/ QUOTE ]I know all LAGs are not created equal. This player is very aggressive but not tricky postflop w/ TP or better. One time also he raised QJo from the SB and tried to bluff a player of the pot HU with air putting in many bets/raises on the flop and turn. He also check/called river UI. The other player had the nut flush.

So I should probably call this player down even if the river is a blank. But to be frank I wasn't paying much attention. So my actual plan was to fold. I thought 7:1 on the turn was enough to call even if I'm planning to fold the river UI.

If I raise and he 3-bets I have to call it.
Old 04-18-2007, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Villain is unknown LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny. I think there is lots of pressure on posters to put "so-called" reads into their post. I have something to say about it. Maybe I'll start a new thread...

[ QUOTE ]

River: J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (7.93BB, 2 players + 1 all-in - Main pot: 3.47BB, Sidepot 1: 4.47BB)
<font color="#cc0000">SB bets</font>, Hero ????

Call or raise?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is pretty close, because the board has both gotten scarrier as well as better for our hand. In a way it's like a wa/wb. He could have a higher two-pair, straight or flush, but we may have improved over his hand. I'm liking a call here, and thanking him kindly for not being the checkraising type, esp if he is unknown.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is unknown LAG.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is funny. I think there is lots of pressure on posters to put "so-called" reads into their post. I have something to say about it. Maybe I'll start a new thread...

[/ QUOTE ]Well I thought putting this read was better than nothing. When someone plays about 50% of his first 15 hands and plays them aggressively, I'd say that there's a big chance he's a LAG. Of course he might also be a TAG with a good run of cards. Since I wasn't paying enough attention to what kind of hands he showed down he was still relatively unknown to me.

edit to add: better definition would be: "It looks likely that the villain is a LAG" or something like that.
Old 04-19-2007, 01:25 AM

call
Old 04-19-2007, 08:56 AM

call