Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 07:06 PM

Default Re: Southwest Airlines is [censored] awesome (warning: seriously aweso

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

as an encroaching fattie who flys Southwest a lot, they don't enforce this, or if they do you've gotta be a lot fatter than I am

[/ QUOTE ]

...I was once asked if I could get the armrests down which I can with no problem and thats what that...otherwise never even been questioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do not believe this for a minute. You're much larger than I am and I could not comfortably put the armrests down.

[/ QUOTE ]

never said I was comfortable
Old 05-29-2007, 07:21 PM

Default Re: Southwest Airlines is [censored] awesome (warning: seriously awesome)

Three years ago I had what I called my bad beat trip to Vegas. It started out with me losing my first buy-in in a NL game at the B when on about the third hand I was dealt I got the red aces and raised and around to the button who pushed all-in with the black kings and the board came all spades and ended with me getting on the plane, getting stuck with a middle seat assignment(America West, I think) and as I'm sitting there with an aisle seat open next to me spot this behometh(at least 450 lb) waddling down the aisle.

Mentally, I'm praying, please no, don't stop here, keep on going but no it was the bad beat trip so I won the lottery of who had to sit next to the morbidly obese guy.

Turns out he was very considerate, saying he was sorry and that he would scrunch himself up as small as possible. And the poor [censored] really tried to but he still spilled half way over onto my seat. I guess I should have complained but the plane was sold out so I didn't want to cause a big embarrassment and suffered for 5 hours with this guys blubber suffocating me.

Beleive me, the 2 seat policy is a good one.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:41 PM

Am I the only one that thinks fat people shouldn't be allowed to fly period? At the very least, it would be good impetus for them to get off their fat lazy asses and get in shape.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Am I the only one that thinks fat people shouldn't be allowed to fly period? At the very least, it would be good impetus for them to get off their fat lazy asses and get in shape.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe not the only one.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

So to be able to sit on the plane, they have to stop sitting around everywhere else. How ironic.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:38 PM

There was a reality show called "Airline" a few years ago on A&E that was all about Southwest Airlines. They enforced this all the time on the show. Of course, I'm sure that was partially intended to add more drama for ratings.