Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2007, 04:46 PM

Default Re: Why is Vanessa Rousso always blabbing about game theory?

she's a great girl if you can just imagine her w/a bag over her head
Old 07-20-2007, 04:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I can see your argument though, it was still an amateur move in my view.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, there are clearly faults on both sides. Clonie shouldn't have announced her hand so quickly, but also Vanessa should have stated her intentions more clearly, ie in this case if she's thinking she should not speak/use words like 'call' or make movements with chips. My point was merely that when Rousso says "I didn't do anything wrong" (or whatever she said re: showdown), she in fact did. In another situation this may lead to her losing* money if the floor make a ruling against her based on the witnesses having a different interpretation of her actions.

*something she is apparently very good at already.
Old 07-20-2007, 04:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I go to the University of Kentucky .

[censored] DUKE.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-20-2007, 05:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
when Clonie Gowen is ragging on you, things aren't good

[/ QUOTE ]

lol

[/ QUOTE ]

Clonie Gowen is a biatch at the table. I played with her once last year. She wasn't even involved in a hand, and she started a huge argument at our table how when someone folded they accidentally touched another person's cards thus making them mucked. Everybody else at the table was like it doesn't matter, wtf are u talking about. She screams floor at the top of her lungs and they come over and pamper her.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

It's not that different...

As noted she is a statistical outlier in poker and that meens donkaments in particular since she have made money in a few of those.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well donkaments are like lotteries.. i.e. often times fish get lucky and win a few, like Rousso. As long as she pumps it back into the poker economy that's good, and she most certainly will overtime. People may rag on Jamie Gold but at least that idiot is giving it all back to the poker economy. The problem I have is that he's giving it all back to the high stakes guys where it seems to stay. But poker is a giant pyramid ending up it the hands of a select few.

[/ QUOTE ]

I totally agree with you.

If I won the ME I would quit poker and would definately not donate them to high stakes sharks. Quit the job and live the high life with the money!
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I hope i can make it to her next clinic and she can tell me her game theory leading to this play::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_HYmEUKck

[/ QUOTE ]

That might be the single worst played hand in the history of poker. She made about 5 mistakes in one hand.

1. I don't even like the call out of the SB, but ok
2. Check raising out of position with a draw into 3 other players without drawing to the nuts when there are 2 of suit on the board
3. Leading again on the turn out of position when a card that hits draws comes off.
4. CALLING a raise on the turn with nothing but a crappy draw?
5. Making a $5 bet into a what, $40k pot?

Seriously this girl has zero clue what she's doing. She's obviously some kind of luckbox to have anything.

[/ QUOTE ]

6. Asking "Do you have a set?"

I mean, yeah, the guy looks at a very draw heavy board with his set and says, "guy to my left bet, i flat called, Vanessa c/r's, guy to my left called, i think i'll flat call again here, give them both a chance to hit, then i'll pounce on the turn when the draws come in"

Duke's finest.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Seriously, in that hand, how does Clownie not bet out or check raise the flop? How does Rousso call the turn bet after she was called on the flop, then bet into on the turn when the 5 made no draw and hit no draw? I won't even get to the river action because it is just so painful to even comprehend.

[/ QUOTE ]

plz stop, for all our sakes.
Old 07-20-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well donkaments are like lotteries.. i.e. often times fish get lucky and win a few, like Rousso. As long as she pumps it back into the poker economy that's good, and she most certainly will overtime.

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. You sound like a guy who has watched a little television poker, listened to a few interviews and now you just regurgitate a few catch phrases and cliches.

Your posts are laughable. I'll go out on a limb and say that you probably aren't very good at poker either.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I hope i can make it to her next clinic and she can tell me her game theory leading to this play::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dn_HYmEUKck

[/ QUOTE ]

she tries to steal the pot (and I guess represent the flush) on the river and bets 5k into a 31k pot...LOL at thinking Brandon will call the 2k raise on flop, raise 12k on turn and then fold on the river when you're giving him 8:1 pot odds.....and these players are "instructors" at poker boot camps?? seriously, WTF!
Old 07-20-2007, 06:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Lol look at this trainwreck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jj5Td...ed&search=

[/ QUOTE ]

playin' Ace/rag...standard from loose, wreckless amateurs

i puked when she called on the turn