Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is your main game?
HU NL 1 3.23%
6 Max NL 22 70.97%
10 Max NL 7 22.58%
Other, specify 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-19-2006, 05:33 AM

Default Re: Post the easiest question that 20%+ of 2+2ers will answer wrong(polls)

Old 12-19-2006, 05:40 AM

Default Re: Post the easiest question that 20%+ of 2+2ers will answer wrong(po

Old 12-19-2006, 02:11 PM

In regards to the Greek vs Roman Empire. Obviously the rise of Greek Civilization predated that of the Romans, but where they ever an actual Empire or a number of smaller city-states, some of which commanded more power than their neighbors at various points in time. Or you could claim that Alexander the Great controlled the Greek Empire, and yet he was Macedonian. Furthermore, the Byzantine Empire is commonly referred to as the Greek Empire in some circles, and clearly came after the Roman Empire.
I feel this question could be clarified by using the term Civilization rather than Empire. Or am I just being a huge nit here, who is vulnerable to being outnitted by someone else down the line?
Old 12-19-2006, 03:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
In regards to the Greek vs Roman Empire. Obviously the rise of Greek Civilization predated that of the Romans, but where they ever an actual Empire or a number of smaller city-states, some of which commanded more power than their neighbors at various points in time. Or you could claim that Alexander the Great controlled the Greek Empire, and yet he was Macedonian. Furthermore, the Byzantine Empire is commonly referred to as the Greek Empire in some circles, and clearly came after the Roman Empire.
I feel this question could be clarified by using the term Civilization rather than Empire. Or am I just being a huge nit here, who is vulnerable to being outnitted by someone else down the line?

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously it's a dumb question because you actually had to pay attention in History class to even have a clue. I bet 50%+ of 2+2ers didn't pay very much attention in History or for that matter, 99%+ have never had a reason to need to know such a fact.
Old 12-19-2006, 05:44 AM

Default Re: Post the easiest question that 20%+ of 2+2ers will answer wrong(polls)

Assume there is a boat, tethered in its slip on the bay, and the tide comes in at a rate of one foot (elevation) per hour.

Assume that over the side of said boat, there is a ladder, whose rungs are exactly 12" apart.

Assume there are two rungs completely submerged, 1 rung EXACTY at water level, and two more rungs above the water . . .

o.k., seeing these written seems to be netting a lot fewer wrong responses than telling them verbally.
Old 12-19-2006, 06:36 AM

Old 12-19-2006, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How fast do you have to drive the second lap of a one mile circle to average 60 mph if you drove the first lap at 30mph?

[/ QUOTE ]
I love this question. It's so stupid and so simple, but so many people get it wrong (11/18 right now). I think this is the very essence of the OP and it gets my vote.
Old 12-19-2006, 03:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
How fast do you have to drive the second lap of a one mile circle to average 60 mph if you drove the first lap at 30mph?

[/ QUOTE ]
I love this question. It's so stupid and so simple, but so many people get it wrong (11/18 right now). I think this is the very essence of the OP and it gets my vote.

[/ QUOTE ]
jschaud's question FTW, in a walk. I was shocked when I looked at the results.
Old 12-19-2006, 07:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol. I too am shocked at how many people are getting this wrong. We have people arguing over cosines and squareroots, yet over half of the people are unable to understand this relatively simple math problem.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]I voted other because its impossible. Is this correct?