Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2006, 01:08 AM

Default Re: I need some golf clubs

Play it again sports for a used set. Can't go wrong with any pings. Suggest cavity backed irons for a larger sweet spot. Cobra and callaway also ok. Any taylormade driver with a head size of over 360 is also fine. For wedges, used clevelands or vokey only.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any taylormade driver with a head size of over 360 is also fine.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with beginners who actually want to improve using clubs this big and forgiving. Without getting some feedback from the club, you'll never know how you're actually hitting the ball, which is key to improving your swing.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with beginners who actually want to improve using clubs this big and forgiving. Without getting some feedback from the club, you'll never know how you're actually hitting the ball, which is key to improving your swing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still hitting an out-dated Titleist 975D, 260cc. I can shape shots, and it bombs. I can't stand swinging a basketball on a stick. I'll most likely keep the 975D forever.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm still hitting an out-dated Titleist 975D, 260cc. I can shape shots, and it bombs. I can't stand swinging a basketball on a stick. I'll most likely keep the 975D forever.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are really missing out on a lot of technology that will only improve your game.

If the best player in the world is hitting the biggest ugliest driver in the world, why are you still hitting an itty bitty "player's" driver?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then you are really missing out on a lot of technology that will only improve your game.

If the best player in the world is hitting the biggest ugliest driver in the world, why are you still hitting an itty bitty "player's" driver?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because I don't enjoy hitting a 800cc driver. Nor do I find a noteworthy improvement in my game. If I can hit my 260cc Titleist a consistent 305-315, all while being able to draw and fade, I'm probably not changing.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:38 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Because I don't enjoy hitting a 800cc driver. Nor do I find a noteworthy improvement in my game. If I can hit my 260cc Titleist a consistent 305-315, all while being able to draw and fade, I'm probably not changing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy [censored]...300+ with 10 yds of variability?

You must be the guy in the middle...

Old 05-08-2006, 02:45 AM

10 yds of variability on a pured shot. It's obviously more than that on an average drive. And yes, I am that thing in the middle.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:49 AM

Absoludicrous, like I said, I guess I'm just jaded because everytime I get into a golf dicussion on the internet, even on the golf forums I frequent all I ever see written is how the guy is 6'4" has 110 mph swing speed and crushes every drive. It just gets, well, absoludicrous after awhile...

But then I go to the golf course on the weekend and see the majority of guys struggling to get the ball out there 250 consistently.

I was trying to help the guy who said he swings really slow out by building a little confidence. Just because he reads all this crap about how far everyone on the internet hits the ball doesn't mean he isn't actually hitting as well as the average american male. If you can really hit it 300+ on a consistent basis, more power to you. I'm glad you freaks of nature exist, because it is pretty awesome to see. But you are probably like my roommate. talks about distance constantly, measure performance by how far you are hitting the club, and at the end of the day I've beaten him because he can't hit a decent shot from within 50 yards and is horrible on the green. But then the next day he'll spend two hours at the range hitting nothing but full swing shots. And what I can't figure out is why he even goes to the course to play golf. He is basically just going through a range session on the course. and when he gets around the green it's like he may aswell not even be there. If the poor guy woudl spend two hours at the practice and chipping greens he'd be much better off. But for whateve reason he never does it. And then after the round he tries and blame his driver because he didn't hit every single one dead straight. So when he goes and sees his golf instructor on tuesday he has already said he wants his instructor to fix his driver swing. But all I can say to myself is what an idiot, he needs to tell that damn instructor to give him his money back, because he won't ever improve his score until he figures out how to hit a shot that doesn't require a full swing.
Old 05-08-2006, 02:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

because its more fun/satisfying to hit a club like that well than to hit some huge monstrosity, and have no idea if your swing was really good or just mediocre?
Old 05-08-2006, 02:24 AM

Real men use these.