Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Which avatar to use...
They both suck get a new one 11 44.00%
South Park 10 40.00%
Eric Molina 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Cigar Thread

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i recently moved from Indy to Cali and cannot get good cubans out here....does any know where i can get a box of Partagas #4 serie D? I only smoke stuff from Habana and im about to go crazy here.

Indy

[/ QUOTE ]

Use the Internet? Check out some cigar forums and you will see common banners for the more reputable vendors....

[/ QUOTE ]

if you want a box of partagas #4 i'll get one for you if you'll contact me and go over a couple of things. i smoked a #4 the other night and was really impressed, although it was a bit too strong for me to finish. i'd prefer to have that blend in either a petit corona or a petit robusto. but wow, the taste was amazing.

be careful buying habanos off the net guys, there's more fake dealers than real ones and it's not even close. i reccomend you know your sticks before you order, i.e., if you've smoked a cohiba genios you'll know right away whether or not your dealer shipped you a cohiba genios.

i smoked a R&J escudos robusto limited edition last night, and while i though the cigar was a little bit young, it was still phenomenal. strong vanilla/cocoa taste, smooth, nice stick, strong, but burned like a cigar that needs to age for at least a couple more months before smoking, which isn't that outrageous since it probably was rolled within the last two months.

i ordered some cohiba siglo's VI, the canonanzo <sp> vitole, which is a 53 guage and 6 inch length stick. after they settle for a week or two i'll burn one and post a review, but at first glance it appears to be an awesome stick.

i've smoked several H. Upmann connasieurs now, and it's a great stick for the price. i prefer upmanns for the fact that they're generally light to medium and therefore i finish a stick w/o any nasty buzz.

i'm about to take the dog for a nice long walk and plan on smoking either a monte cristo #2, the pyramides/torpedo, or the cohiba churchill that arrived today. i know i've said it before but i'll say it again, the punch rare corojo continues to impress me and seems to get better everyday.

if anyones thinking about buying any cubans lately, i'd reccomend not spending the extra money on many of the habanos limited editions that came out recently. with the exception of the R&J escudos which you should buy now to smoke next summer, and maybe the 2003 monte cristo, the others haven't been worth the extra price imo, but then again i think these sticks are meant to age for a while before being smoked, which is what i've done with the remaining 4 from my 5 packs.

i have one cohiba robusto left and it's really hard not to burn it every time i reach into my humidor. same goes for my cohiba lanceros. while i'm on the topic of cohiba, the pyramides is not worth $30/stick!!! dont waste your money! it's a $15 stick! nothing wrong with it, but wtf!

i've been smoking a couple of the hoyo epicures lately and was a little dissapointed b/c i thought they would be like a larger version of the hoyo petit robusto, but the petit robusto is by far a superior blend imo, and a great stick for a 30 minute smoke.

does anyone else have problems keeping the humidity constant at every spot in your humidor? i.e., 65 up top and 59 in the bottom corner? i think the cedar dividers and trays make a huge difference, so i took mine out and have put two small elements in my large humidor that holds about 100 sticks in additon to the large element up top. i plan on rotating the sticks about once a month to combat this problem.

i wish i could get my hands on a davidoff element, but apparently they only come with davidoff humidors, which, are usually about $1K. apparently it's a perfect element that absorbs and releases and stays at a constant 70 percent humidity and requires less maintenance. i heard it's similar to some sort of stone, anyone ever seen one?

-Tex