Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2007, 07:26 PM

Default Re: super awkward situation - what would you do, OOT?

help the kid
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM

i wouldn't aim for him, but i see no problem in undoing his belt.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:29 PM

1st I would have a scrubs moment where I play out the 2 options in my head. Help or not help. After that I would reassess my plan of action based on the comedic value of my imagination weighed against the chances of getting caught in a tight spot, probably leaning towards help. Here's the kicker though...I would just be standing there looking at the ceiling thinking for so long that by the time I was finished and had come to a decision the kid would have already figured it out or pissed himself and I can leave without having to be an [censored], just ignorant.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
not a chance "sorry little man, you're gonna have to find your dad or guardian to help you out with that one"

then if i saw dad "hey you might want to have a talk with junior here"

[/ QUOTE ]

this ws going to be my answer, the kid shouldnt be asking strangers to do stuff like that
Old 10-08-2007, 07:30 PM

how is this a super awkward situation?

super awkward would be if the kid already pissed his pants and THEN asked you for help.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:34 PM

The kid is asking for help. Nothing bad will come of this. What's gonna happen? Is the kid gonna change his mind about what happened afterwards and decide you molested him? It's not like you are touching his weiner. There is a miniscule chance that someone will catch you, but that person probably won't do anything about it.
Even if the dad walks in and catches me, it's not a big deal. If he wants to talk about it, I'll oblige. If he wants to call the cops, that's fine too. If he wants to fight, then I guess I can do that too.
The bottom line is that the vast majority of the time I help the kid, he gets to avoid the humiliation of pissing himself, and that's a good thing. A very small % if the time, something semi-innocuous to moderately bad will happen. I think the answer if obvious that helping the kid is the right thing to do. An exception would be if:

1. Your personal appearance is very creepy and you have a criminal record
2. It's obvious the kid isn't actually about to piss himself, and there is another solution
3. You simply don't care if the kid pisses himself so helping him is a negative freeroll (nothing to gain, but something to lose)

Wow, I just overanalyzed the hell out of this.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

any chance this kid is actually an adult posing as a kid in a sting operation, sorta like the young looking rookie cops who try to buy alcohol/cigs?
Old 10-08-2007, 07:38 PM

Reminds me of time my daughter was really young and I'd take her in the mens room if she had to use the bathroom since she wasn't old enough to go in the ladies alone. She had some kind of infection where it burned when she went to the bathroom. So we were in the same stall so I could help her up on the toilet and as soon as she started going, she cried out "Daddy, it hurts!". I was glad there wasn't anyone else in there.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:39 PM

Everybody assumes that the immediate consequence of not helping the kid is that he pisses himself. OP does not say that.

The kid is wrong to ask, and you'd be wrong to help. As a parent, you hope that when your kid does idiotic things adults won't just go along with his idiocy. Everybody here was outraged when a stranger offered my daughter a little Jesus cross as a present, but unbuckling a kid's belt alone in a bathroom sounds reasonable?

If you know the kid and his family well, sure. Otherwise, no way. Less because of the possibility of being busted for molestation, more because you just shouldn't have that kind of contact with other people's kids.
Old 10-08-2007, 07:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The kid is wrong to ask

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. But he's a little kid and he's dying to take a leak. Help him out and afterwards go have a word with his father.

[ QUOTE ]
Everybody here was outraged when a stranger offered my daughter a little Jesus cross as a present

[/ QUOTE ]

They were?