Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-22-2006, 10:44 PM

Default Running into the ex-Famous

What a weird day. I don't know how into indie rock this board is, but do you remember Velvet Crush? Power Pop group from the 90's. Big claim to fame was they played on Mathew Sweet's Girlfriend album and he produced a few of their records. Great tight band IMO. I was a big fan, I saw them like 20 -30 times at least. But like most bands from 15 years ago they have drifted off my radar but I still listen to their music thanks to MP3s.

Well today I am at Ikea with the GF, we head directly to the lunch room because I'm craving some of the Swedish meatballs, yummy! Well as we are standing in line I look at the guy serving said Swedish meatballs and it's Jeff the guitarist from Velvet Crush! Holy [censored]! I say a quick hi, ask if it is him, he confirms it, and says "yea, sometimes things just don’t turn out like you think they will." No [censored]! From playing with Mathew Sweet to serving me meatballs at Ikea... Wow! I had to keep moving cuz the line was long, but I told him I had three of his songs on my MP3 player, in my pocket and I hoped he would do something again soon. Man, it sucks to see one of your guitar heroes slinging meatballs.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:46 PM

Default Re: Running into the ex-Famous

That is depressing.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:47 PM

I was in an elevator with Kiefer Sutherland and his two assistants last week. I made eye contact with him, but then pussed out and didn't say anything, because I feared saying something wrong and being killed.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was in an elevator with Kiefer Sutherland and his two assistants last week. I made eye contact with him, but then pussed out and didn't say anything, because I feared saying something wrong and being killed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good move.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have turned to him and said Veratas!
Old 01-22-2006, 10:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You should have turned to him and said Veratas!

[/ QUOTE ]
I was in an enclosed space with Jack Bauer. There is no way in hell I was going to say "Gravitas" to him. I've actually ran into a bunch more (quasi)celebrities over the years. Jack Bauer intimidated me the most.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:56 PM

That's pretty bad. Those jobs are basically for the very young and the unemployable.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:57 PM

There is no shame in being killed by Jack Bauer.
Old 01-22-2006, 10:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You totally should have given him accurate directions to the bomb!!!!
Old 01-22-2006, 11:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I was in an enclosed space with Jack Bauer. There is no way in hell I was going to say "Gravitas" to him. I've actually ran into a bunch more (quasi)celebrities over the years. Jack Bauer intimidated me the most.

[/ QUOTE ]

Crap I screwed that quote up. I'm tired from walking 200 miles in that farging store.

russellmj-I was hoping he was still playing and just working there for the health insurance. But the way he said "Things don't always turn out.." made me really sad.