Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2007, 01:52 PM

Default Bank hassle with PS check, what do you say here?

So I bring two checks to the bank, one for $1100 and another for $700 and I have the money to cover but tell them to put a hold on them anyway. The teller starts looking at the check strangely and says "I have never seen one of these before" and "is this a payroll check". So I proceed to tell her that it's from my internet business and she calls over this nosy b.itch next to her. I start getting grilled at this point. The bitch wants me to tell her about the business???? She wants to know the company and the type of work I do???She said there has been some scams from internet checks...

She is way out of line here right?? I could be wrong, but it's none of her business where my money is coming from. So I basically tell her to f off and put a hold on the check like I originally said. She still insisted on sticking her nose in my business and it really pissed me off. Even though I have plenty of money to cover, the nosy bitch says to the teller in a condescending tone "better be safe than sorry...put a hold on them". I feel like a criminal bringing these checks into that bank now. It's a small CU and I'm thinking to write a letter to the pres and let him know about this nosy bitch. What is the best way to approach this in the future?? I thought it would be easy and painless when I immediately told them to put a hold on it but it still proved to be a hassle.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:00 PM

Default Re: Bank hassle with PS check, what do you say here?

Drop them in the night deposit slot or the ATM. When they get them, they will think they "look funny" and put a hold on them. I usually get a notice in the mail the next day informing me of a 10 day hold.

The bank DOES have the right to refuse to accept them, but that rarely happens with any check. They just want time to make sure it clears.

--------Meow
Old 06-28-2007, 02:02 PM

Def write a letter to the pres. She shouldn't grill you like that, she should nicely say, "we have to put a hold on this check, blah blah, I'm sorry for the inconvienence, sir."

BTW don't tell them to put a hold on your own check ffs
Old 06-28-2007, 02:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drop them in the night deposit slot or the ATM.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do anything else (going to the teller, writing letters to the president, etc.), and you are just wasting time, raising your blood pressure, and causing problems for yourself and possibly for other people who deposit these kinds of checks.

Better yet, open an account with an internet bank (e.g. Umbrella Bank). Then you can deposit your checks by mail with postage-paid envelopes, get 100%-free ATM withdrawals absolutely everywhere, and never have to look at a bank teller again in your life.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Drop them in the night deposit slot or the ATM. When they get them, they will think they "look funny" and put a hold on them. I usually get a notice in the mail the next day informing me of a 10 day hold.

The bank DOES have the right to refuse to accept them, but that rarely happens with any check. They just want time to make sure it clears.

--------Meow

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely 100% correct. A bank has no oligation to accept deposits. Follow KittyLiquor's advice. (Don't use tellers)Don't write that ignorant (and attention-grabbing) letter.

Good luck in the future.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:17 PM

I had the same reaction once. Don't turn it into a big deal, just point out that its from out of state and its got a routing number on it. I kind of turned it around on her, implying that she was the idiot without saying so. I answered jokingly by saying "somebody who owes me money from (whereever) that uses a weird looking bank. I repreatedly pointed out that their was a standard routing number, and she just got over it. I wouldn't start making phone calls to the president FWIW. I may have got lucky, but I've been back to the same teller/bank, and they could care less once the first one cashed.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:22 PM

I wouldn't tell a teller to put a hold on a check beforehand because it would just make them more suspicious of the check.

I wouldn't send a letter either. It's best to just stay under the radar. Best solution is to avoid tellers and use a deposit box or ATM. Tellers are just too nosy.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
She is way out of line here right?? I could be wrong, but it's none of her business where my money is coming from. So I basically tell her to f off and put a hold on the check like I originally said. She still insisted on sticking her nose in my business and it really pissed me off. Even though I have plenty of money to cover, the nosy bitch says to the teller in a condescending tone "better be safe than sorry...put a hold on them". I feel like a criminal bringing these checks into that bank now. It's a small CU and I'm thinking to write a letter to the pres and let him know about this nosy bitch. What is the best way to approach this in the future?? I thought it would be easy and painless when I immediately told them to put a hold on it but it still proved to be a hassle.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would agree, it does sound like she was out of line, and normally a letter would be a fine idea. In this case though, what might happen? Pres decides to deal with it, has someone talk to the teller, teller explains about the strange looking check (oops almost spelled it cheque and confused the Americans), then maybe they look into it further. Who knows, maybe in the end this draws attention to these checks higher up in the bank, and they decide to stop taking them. I think you need to take the high road on this one to be safe. ATM sounds like a good option for future checks.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I bring two checks to the bank, one for $1100 and another for $700 and I have the money to cover but tell them to put a hold on them anyway. The teller starts looking at the check strangely and says "I have never seen one of these before" and "is this a payroll check". So I proceed to tell her that it's from my internet business and she calls over this nosy b.itch next to her. I start getting grilled at this point. The bitch wants me to tell her about the business???? She wants to know the company and the type of work I do???She said there has been some scams from internet checks...

[/ QUOTE ]

yep I know what you are saying, rememeber Chex Inc, I took one of those to a c#nt teller and she starting making a ruckis [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]
I said it was my internet business to and then she got nosy and I said I would switch banks if I am ever hassled again and she simmered down [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Another good thing to do is rough up the checks with some dirt, grease, or water to make the check look weathered, they often don't worry about those ones cause they look more authentic [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2007, 02:43 PM

Tell them you do internet advertising. When pressed say you do a bunch of affiliate based advertising and then bs some stuff like how the country is overseas. When asked what you do say you look for sites without advertising with large user bases and convince them to use advertising. You can add more bs for flair if you wish. I did this and now the bank is trying to get me to open a business account for my company =p