Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2007, 09:30 PM

Default 25NL 6m- How bad is this line?

Standard button steal pf with a decent drawing hand.
BB min raises over a bet and call, ok so I gotta figure 2 pair or better.
SB is definitly done with the hand and I gotta think I have next to no fold equity against BB, but I have a pretty strong combo draw.
BB is 20/4/3 fwiw.

Thoughts?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($23.30)
SB ($16.50)
BB ($18.30)
UTG ($17.70)
MP ($26.60)
CO ($36.10)

Preflop: Hero is Button with T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75.

Flop: ($3) 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2.75</font>, SB calls $2.75, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to $5.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $22.3</font>
Old 01-01-2007, 10:40 PM

Default Re: 25NL 6m- How bad is this line?

Once you bet the flop the first time, the rest looks fine to me. I was trying to work out if a flat-call of the c/r might be better, but there is just too damn much money in the middle, so it looks like a shove, although I'm not too thrilled about it.

But really, I see little point to betting the flop in the first place, you have one of those in-between hands, there is too much risk of getting c/r and now you are at the point where you have to shove and have given up your positional and (hopefully) skill edge.

I would just take another card off and go from there.
Old 01-01-2007, 10:46 PM

dont bluff this flop, far too connected. Take the free card
Old 01-01-2007, 10:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you bet the flop the first time, the rest looks fine to me. I was trying to work out if a flat-call of the c/r might be better, but there is just too damn much money in the middle, so it looks like a shove, although I'm not too thrilled about it.

But really, I see little point to betting the flop in the first place, you have one of those in-between hands, there is too much risk of getting c/r and now you are at the point where you have to shove and have given up your positional and (hopefully) skill edge.

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this flop because theres a (slim) chance I take it down right here, or maybe I get a call or two then I'm still in control on the turn.
Old 01-01-2007, 11:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I bet this flop because theres a (slim) chance I take it down right here, or maybe I get a call or two then I'm still in control on the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, if there's only a slim chance you take it down, I see no reason to put more money in, when you have nothing at the moment. You have a hand that's well-disguised otherwise so you are likely to get a bunch of $$ in the pot if you check now and hit the turn, or may get odds to draw cheap to the river in any case. And again, you are not liking a c/r at all which is quite likely on this flop.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:05 PM

I dont like the push for two reasons. Now its less than pot sized against the two shorter stacks. I dont think their is any FE on your push.

Your combo is very weak. 12 outs before the c/r and probably only 10 after. You have pot odds for the chase, but I agree with other posters that you would of been better taking the free card on that board. Villian most likely has 88 or AQ.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:27 PM

checkraise the flop.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:32 PM

Troll. Plonk.
Old 01-02-2007, 01:38 PM

Me?
Old 01-02-2007, 01:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
checkraise the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

He has position, how can he check-raise??

I would probably just check behind and see what the turn brings unless you think you have a decent amount of FE. As played I think a push is fine.