Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2007, 01:16 PM

Default Re: If your going to AC - trip info

Yes, this is true...During a past chop, the guy who had the first place money left the room before they split it up...ruined it for everyone now. If you want to chop, you have to leave the room. Certain floor people are more lenient than others and will overlook it. Most of the dealers will ignore it unless a floor person is around. After making a deal they'll make you push all ur chips in for one last hand and one player will turn their cards over and take first. However, in the big tourney they ran back in september, we had to play out each hand until the "first place winner" (me, had to add that of course) was able to cover everyone in chips.

This has been a rule at Harrah's for as long as i can remember, but again, is only stuck to by some floor people.
Old 11-15-2007, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Talking about a chop at the final table is not allowed.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is not true.....I'm a regular at The Showboat.

[/ QUOTE ]

At the FT I made at the Boat last month, dealer said "you can't talk chop at the table" and said we had to leave the table to talk about it. I busted 6th and there wasn't any chop to that point. I didn't hang around to see what went on later.

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing happened two months or so when I played last at Showboat.

The drunk guy to my left continued to bring up chop talk and after the millionth warning from the dealer the floor was called to re-iterate no chopping.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:27 PM

This is true.

I was just there a week ago and the dealer told everyone that they cannot be seated at the table while discussing a chop. We were advised to discuss it during the last break and away from the table. They did however let us take all the payouts back to the same table we were playing on to chop it all up so that was nice of them.

Speaking of the showboat I'll be in AC next week. Monday night through thursday night, mostly playing tournaments at showboat, midnight madness at the taj, and SNGs at the Borg. I'll let you know how it goes.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
1-2 at the Taj on Friday was nuts.

[/ QUOTE ]

mmmmmmmmmm
Old 11-15-2007, 03:26 PM

I wanna head up to Ac soon. How much are the tournaments? How long they do they take? Whats the first prize usually?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:44 PM

it really depends on where you play and what day of the week. Obviously weekdays you'll find cheaper tournaments with less players. Payouts are usually around top 10%. The showboat runs some pretty good tournament for $80 you get 10,000 in chips and no antes. Pretty nice structure with 15 min levels. On a weekend you may get 120 players or so and approx top 10 would get paid with first place being somewhere between 4 and 5k.

every night at 12:12am there is a midnight madness tourney at the taj that is $50 during the week and $120 on weekends i believe, 12 min levels and 12k starting stack. I havent played that one yet but heard its pretty fun. Theres also a lot of SNGs at the borgata at many different buyin levels. There are also $80 and $120 SNGs at the taj but i don't recommend them. they take forever to fill and don't run at all times...

good luck!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
it really depends on where you play and what day of the week. Obviously weekdays you'll find cheaper tournaments with less players. Payouts are usually around top 10%. The showboat runs some pretty good tournament for $80 you get 10,000 in chips and no antes. Pretty nice structure with 15 min levels. On a weekend you may get 120 players or so and approx top 10 would get paid with first place being somewhere between 4 and 5k. [ QUOTE ]

$65 on Monday - Thursday 11AM, 2PM, 7PM
$100 on Friday 7PM, Saturday 11AM, 2PM, Sunday 11AM, 2PM, 7PM
$125 on Saturday 7PM (15,000 starting chips).

[ QUOTE ]
every night at 12:12am there is a midnight madness tourney at the taj that is $50 during the week and $120 on weekends i believe, 12 min levels and 12k starting stack. I havent played that one yet but heard its pretty fun. Theres also a lot of SNGs at the borgata at many different buyin levels. There are also $80 and $120 SNGs at the taj but i don't recommend them. they take forever to fill and don't run at all times...

good luck!

[/ QUOTE ]

"Midnight Madness" structure recently changed. Start with 15,000 chips, 15 minute levels, no antes.