Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Things that annoy you about live poker.

lol - paulie - nothing wrong with a little weed or whatever - annoyance is with the obv drug impaired not able to track at the table
Old 11-11-2007, 06:55 PM

[quote
What is wrong with people who smoke marijuana?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> They are potheads. </font>
Old 11-11-2007, 07:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[quote
What is wrong with people who smoke marijuana?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="red"> They are potheads. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG he smokes pot call the cops what a stoner loser get a life
Old 11-11-2007, 11:16 PM

Players who start strings on web sites moaning about other players habits drive me nuts......
Old 11-12-2007, 07:29 AM

All the abuse of the guy who was calling out the "no wash" pee-ers makes me think I've found a whole lot of you bastards. I'd never call you out at the table, but wash your hands, you filthy slobs. I'm a degenerate, and I wash before (whatever is on those chips is not touching my privates) and after. It takes 15 seconds extra.

And LOL at those of you who don't like drunks and potheads. One of my pet peeves is other sober players.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:39 AM

Internet B+M noobs annoy the piss out of me
Old 11-12-2007, 10:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
guy to my right kept pretending he had certain hands based on flops and exclaiming them proudly every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am that guy. Do you see why?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, why?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I don't get it either.

[/ QUOTE ]

TT deserves both a gold star for the best comment/strategy post (super strategy hidden as a throw away line catagory)of the month but also a demerit for exposing a tremendous psychological advantage you can gain when playing live.

(mildly condescending rant trimmed)

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't care how much of a balla you or TT or anyone else is. If you talk about the board with action pending (including at showdown), you get a KITN by me. That is cheating, plain and simple. Sure, after the fact, say whatever the heck you want. Your little "listen, kiddies" post isn't anything new to most of us here. If you don't understand the very basic "one player to a hand" rule, you need some education yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

1. Calm down
2. I try and only talk when the action is completed not during a hand in progress.
3. I did not mean for the tone to imply "kiddie", sorry if you took it that way.
4. Thank you for your comments. That was the first time that my name and "balla" were ever used in the same sentence/paragraph/post. Usually I am talked about as "that nitty old guy who likes to sit in seat 4, 5 or 6 so he can read the board without leaning over the table".
Old 11-12-2007, 10:56 AM

I get annoyed by all the internet player geeks who sit at table and complain about how slow the game is, and how they could be 4 tabling at their computer.

But seriously, I love having one or two weak-tight low-limit multitablers taking a shot in a game I'm sitting at - they are amongst the easiest players to manipulate. Many online grinders play live the same way as they do online - level one auto-respond.

Live poker is a completely different animal than online, and learning how to deal with (and take advantage of) all the crap that apparently tilts all of you whiners when you play at a real table is one of the things that will help you become a more successful live player.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:54 AM

Noob Phil Hellmuth imitators.

I was playing at tourney at Showboat and this toolbox was trying to be phil hellmuth. Young kid, mid twenties, black hoodie, the PH black hat, the Oaklies and the Bose Noise Cancelling Very Oversized headphones. He had all the same mannerisms and complained about everything constantly...he was even almost as pasty and had the same famous Hellmuthian feminine walk away from the table after you bust out because you suck at life.

another big one is the phil laak imitators.. take off your damn hoodie jackass, you've got a lot more to worry about than people getting reads off you.

angle shooters also make me furious and dumbass people that always fall for their angles.. if you're gonna play for money live you need to learn the angles to be able to defend against them.

Also I HATE floormen that solicit tips for their dealers after a tournament... I chopped a SNG at Borgata and as the dealer was splitting the money he left $40 out of each of our stacks explaining that it is to take care of his dealer... now normally i would take care of the dealer myself but i think it is very out of line for you to take $80 out of the pot and say its for the dealer when we're supposed to give the dealer what we want...and after all, we're not REQUIRED to give the dealer anything...so if you are one of those dick floormen, stop doing this or else my next tip would be to get some class and not solicit tips for your dealers.

cheers!
Old 11-12-2007, 01:06 PM

If a floorman did this I would demand he give the money back to me since the tip is supposed to be up to me afterall.

I might then turn-around and tip the dealer however much I was going to in the first place but I might come a bit closer to not doing that if I had any ideas of the dealer not really having done a good job.

And WTF is up with a dealer getting $80 for an SNG?
Seems large.
Was it a particularly large buy-in or long structure? If it's your standard $200 type SNG that takes an hour or so I don't think that should warrant $80 in additional compensation.