Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2007, 10:59 AM

Default extracting with quads in unraised pot

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $2 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">UTG ($175.65)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($197)</font>
CO ($162)
Button ($182.90)
SB ($216.75)
BB ($469.25)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls $2, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($9) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $3</font>, Hero calls $3, SB calls $3, BB folds.

Turn: ($18) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets $6</font>, UTG calls $6, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $14</font>, SB folds, UTG calls $8.

River: ($52) 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $33</font>

so i overlimped with 33's. would normally raise obviously but here the blinds were both incredibly loose players, and i would pretty much have to check fold most flops.

so i hit quads and was a bit stuck for how to play it. i would have been much happier if it had been checked to me so i could start betting, but the guys minbet could mean anything, and it would really suck to force everyone out with a big raise, so i decided to try and get everyone involved.

i raised the turn small for the same reason.

what do you think the best line for the hand is postflop?
Old 10-19-2007, 11:01 AM

Default Re: extracting with quads in unraised pot

looks fine, I think you're probably up against A high on the river though
Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 AM

I don't like the flop but I don't really like raising either, so who knows.

Turn raise needs to be larger so you can set up a good value bet on the river. At least 26 turn/54 river.

Edit: Also I'm assuming UTG is bad, in which case I'd raise preflop.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:04 AM

Raise more somewhere.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:12 AM

That is dry board for quads to extract anything. If he has an overpair or 77 a lot of money is going in. I like the flop flat call based on your relative position. I think you can raise the turn a few more dollars. The small raise looks like a 3 milking them. You probably got called by the flush draw so when it misses, you just have to bet something on the river and hope for the best (but you are getting a fold a lot on a 33227 drawless board.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:18 AM

42 took the words out of my mouth, its v hard to get paid here, ur just praying someone hits the house or has a big overpair.
I like a bigger turn raise, overpairs and FDs hopefully will still hangaround.

Basically bigger turn bet, and pray someone has something.
Old 10-19-2007, 11:26 AM

Looks like UTG is floating Ace high so I think that turn bet was about right. I think betting &gt; 1/2 pot on the river is going to induce a fold if that read is correct, so I think the value bet is more like 1/3 pot. It's a callable amount for a loose player on a float, and you might get raised by someone who has any piece of that board and thinks you're trying a cheap bluff.
Old 10-20-2007, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
so i hit quads and was a bit stuck for how to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason, most people tend to slowplay supermonster hands on the flop. Which is why they usually don't make much money on them.
Old 10-20-2007, 10:40 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so i hit quads and was a bit stuck for how to play it.

[/ QUOTE ]
For some reason, most people tend to slowplay supermonster hands on the flop. Which is why they usually don't make much money on them.

[/ QUOTE ]

well i would just bet out like i normally would with top pair, but it is the little minbet that messes up my plan. i would like to just bet, bet, bet but i can't do that i have to raise flop to get any value, and risk them both folding, because it seems so strong
Old 10-20-2007, 02:15 PM

yea i think believe that the most profitable play when you get hit by the deck in a unraised pot, is lead simply lead. If you have set up an appropriate table image that you will lead weakly or make loose calls. Then if you lead when you have the deck crippled they wont put you on anything strong because they will think "who bets quads" they will try and bluff or call weakly to hit there card on the turn. Lead 1/3 pot or so IMO.