Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2007, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Halo 3: Post your likes & dislikes of multiplayer

The problem is that there are so few playlists right now. I personally love shotty snipers, sniping is a lot of fun and making sure that you are paying attention to what's happening near you is important since anybody can blow you away with a shotgun at any moment. It is a lot more fair now that headshots are a lot harder to get.

They need to split up the lone wolves playlist into pure slayer and pure crazy variant games. That would stop people's bitching on both sides.

Re: Beatdowns - the reason the AR has a small clip is because its "difficult" to kill somebody with a full clip w/o having to resort to beat down / grenades. Bungie did that so that people would adapt and learn to get better with grenades. Obviously you can kill somebody with a full clip from an AR, but if you kill them with a few shots then a beat down, you might have a chance against a second opponent coming towards you.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is the covenant shotgun?

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe they are called "maulers"
Old 10-03-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yea those are pretty nasty
Old 10-03-2007, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, yea those are pretty nasty

[/ QUOTE ]

Dual wield those and it's (arguably) more powerful than the reg shotgun.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....the reason the AR has a small clip is because its "difficult" to kill somebody with a full clip w/o having to resort to beat down / grenades.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can kill somebody pretty easily if you pump the fire trigger rather than just holding it down. Does the same damage in almost the same amount of time, and uses something like 33% less ammo.
Old 10-03-2007, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....the reason the AR has a small clip is because its "difficult" to kill somebody with a full clip w/o having to resort to beat down / grenades.

[/ QUOTE ]

You can kill somebody pretty easily if you pump the fire trigger rather than just holding it down. Does the same damage in almost the same amount of time, and uses something like 33% less ammo.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, the first few shots always hit the middle of the target, but if held down it sprays more. By pumping the trigger you are just making sure that the bullets you are shooting are going where you are aiming.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This is true, the first few shots always hit the middle of the target, but if held down it sprays more. By pumping the trigger you are just making sure that the bullets you are shooting are going where you are aiming.

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe SMGs work the same way, no? This is one thing running through the campaign mode helps me with, is efficient use of weapons. More than once during the single player I've put myself in a box with very little ammo or a less than ideal weapon that basically forced me to be very efficient and creative.
Old 10-03-2007, 02:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Believe SMGs work the same way, no? This is one thing running through the campaign mode helps me with, is efficient use of weapons. More than once during the single player I've put myself in a box with very little ammo or a less than ideal weapon that basically forced me to be very efficient and creative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right, this is why the BR is so accurate. 3 shot bursts... do this w/ any automatic weapon for more accurate shots.
Old 10-03-2007, 03:38 PM

I was REALLY, REALLY hoping that the forge would allow you to set enemies. I've always wanted to do a hold-your-ground kinda mission like in SC.
Old 10-03-2007, 04:48 PM

I'm a noob and don't like it in team games when everyone tells me how much I suck over the headset! [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]