Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Omaha High
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-13-2007, 06:53 PM

Default Flopping top set on a drawy board

Ok today i have lost with top set 6/6 hands when all the money has gone in on the flop where the board has been drawy, but where i have the current nuts.

this may be a standard question but can anyone make a valid case for not getting all in on the flop with these hands?? does anyone slowplay sets on the flop and then jam the turn when a safe card drops??
Old 06-13-2007, 08:44 PM

Default Re: Flopping top set on a drawy board

hi, welcome to omaha

i thought we'd met?
Old 06-13-2007, 11:09 PM

"can anyone make a valid case for not getting all in on the flop with these hands??"

Misclick?

In all honesty though, anytime you flop top set being the nuts (no straight or flush possible yet), I think you can only be a slight dog vs the very very best best set up. Like you have top set vs a huge wrap + flush draw. I think your a dog then (not sure run the numbers). But by the time you find out your opponent is very very strong its usually after you both have committed alot of money to the pot and its right to get it in with both hands and just race for it.

The only real spot I could see not getting it in on the flop, would be if you were very deep stacked 400bb + and could either committ stacks on the flop or flat call, see a turn and put out a psb where your equity drasically changes vs very large draws.
Old 06-14-2007, 04:55 AM

i apologise if this seems like an obvious question, but after losing 6 hands on the spin for full buy ins with top set v all hands from a 9 high flush draw, a lower set to a nut wrap/flush draw i was questioning whether i was playing these hands correctly

this was the last one of the 6 hands, i mean WTF?? the guy has just come in, its his first hand and hes a terrible LAG

Cryptologic
Pot Limit Omaha Ring game
Blinds: $0.50/$1
9 players
Converter

Pre-flop: (9 players) Hero is MP3 with A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
UTG calls, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero raises to $5.5</font>, CO calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($28, 5 players)
BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#cc0000">Hero bets $28</font>, <font color="#cc0000">CO raises all-in $94.5</font>, 3 folds, <font color="#cc0000">Hero calls all-in $37.4</font>.
Uncalled bets: $29.1 returned to CO.

Turn: 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] ($158.8, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $158.8)

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] ($158.8, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $158.8)

Results:
Final pot: $158.8

Chippy019: shows 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (A Flush, King high)

i mean i know there is no other way of playing this hand, hence why i didnt start a thread, but at this point i was about to throw my PC out of the window!
Old 06-14-2007, 06:04 AM

I like your play, just tough luck.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:05 PM

I think Piiop said it best...

Welcome to Omaha.