Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Received call from HSBC after i deposit 500$ PS check(problem)

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah dude I actually stuck up for you before but I take that back. You are an idiot. Out of everything in the world you could possibly say you say the one thing that 100% guarantees you that you wont get the money. WOW

[/ QUOTE ]

they said they canceled the check. i am working on ps just sending the money abck to my account. and as soon as they do that i will just ask them to send me another check so i can deposit it in another smaller bank. why am i an ediot? i just told the truth since no one else had any other better ideas for me when i asked. most people just told me to tell the truth.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
not sure why everyone is berating me and saying im lying. i have no reason to lie and python is a friend who can back me up on this if he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]
I only found one post accusing you of lying, which was retracted shortly thereafter. As to why everyone is berating you, that's probably because you asked for advice and then didn't follow it. Almost everyone told you to NOT say it was for gambling...why did you post asking for advice?
Old 05-28-2007, 05:30 AM

interesting how when i asked for some advice no one had anything constructie to say but now everyone is pissed... honestly this is not a big deal. the smaller banks will still accept checks FOR NOW. cant say anything about the future but hopefully the sky is not falling. i didnt mention anything about poker . the lady asked me in a way that she already knew it was online gmabling check but just wanted to verify . so i did not want to lie and get my ass into more trouble. also it was only a 500$ TESTER check i withdrew to see if it got through. i talked to ps and they said the check was deposited and told me to double check to see if it appears in my bank transaction. so after i double check it i will email them back and get it back to my ps account. not a big deal.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
not sure why everyone is berating me and saying im lying. i have no reason to lie and python is a friend who can back me up on this if he wants.

[/ QUOTE ]
I only found one post accusing you of lying, which was retracted shortly thereafter. As to why everyone is berating you, that's probably because you asked for advice and then didn't follow it. Almost everyone told you to NOT say it was for gambling...why did you post asking for advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

check the dates. i asked for advice but after couple posts of people making fun of me, i just didnt look back at the thread. i just talked to couple 2+2'er friends and they said to just tell the truth and i did. then when i came abck to check and told them what happened, THATS when people started telling me what i shoudl have done.

i was not givene ANY advice at all while i was still looking at this thread.
Old 05-28-2007, 05:57 AM

Meh...doesn't really matter, I was just explaining why you were being berated. Checking the dates won't help, I don't imagine anyone knew you needed your advice within 4 hours on a Sunday. Maybe next time you should post a time limit too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 07:59 AM

Are we talking about US HSBC accounts or HSBC offshore accounts?
Old 05-28-2007, 12:47 PM

This is an odd thread. I get the feeling some information might be missing.

I have my checking account with HSBC, and so does my wife.

I deposited a Stars check substantially bigger than the OP's to my account after the OP, and it cleared after the prescribed number of days. No calls, no nothing.

The check was obv. not marked "Stars"; it was drawn to a extremely well established US bank, and the name on the account was a corporation absolutely unfamiliar to me.

If I had received a call from my bank regarding the check I would have informed them, that a) who I do business with as far as I'm concerned is a matter between my business partners, me and the IRS, and b) since they ask the answer is "No".

It's really a no-brainer.

But I do know HSBC to be FOS, so I'm not discounting the OP's story.

As has been the case for the last 4 or 5 years my wife and I received a tax refund of some thousand dollar, sent as a check issued to both of us (we file as married). No problems with the City/State refund, but suddenly my wife is being told by the teller that "according to bank law we have to open a joint account to deposit a check with both our names on".

This is pure fiction, and obv. it wasn't HSBC's policy two days earlier when we deposited the City/State refund.

Banks just suck.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-28-2007, 01:10 PM

Does anyone use Arvest? And if so have you had any problems with checks from poker sites?
Old 05-28-2007, 01:15 PM

OP is retarded sums up the whole thread. What did you think they would do when you told them it is a gambling check?

-Brendan
Old 05-29-2007, 03:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
OP is retarded sums up the whole thread. What did you think they would do when you told them it is a gambling check?

-Brendan

[/ QUOTE ]

i expected them to void the check as they did. why would i risk all my money in my account for 500$. i did not want to lie and other high staker 2+2 friends TOLD ME to tell the truth.