Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Bonuses
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2007, 08:30 AM

Default Re: Bonus of Hollywood Poker - Any experiences??

Just to give you the basic idea I'm talking about and Bobo Fett added to........

Take the Hollywood $200 bonus plus the 9000 points ($90) on PSO, and you have a relatively easy to clear bonus even on small stakes. Hollywoods bonuses get tougher to clear the higher the bonus, so naturally those sites aren't really worth chasing the higher bonuses on, for anybody at any stakes. Given that there is so many sites around with high bonuses that clear at the same rate as their lower ones e.g. ipoker sites , it makes sense to clear them later, when you have a bigger roll and can play at slightly higher stakes.

Whichever way you decide to go, you are doing the right thing and researching it first. The last thing you want to do is sign up to a bunch of sites without first plotting the best course for yourself
Old 11-07-2007, 11:11 AM

well i dont know what FYP means, but if you dont belive me just take a look at any ongame site, and find HOW DO I EARN POINTS. and you will see

this is taken from eurobet homepage ( Player points are accumulated by playing ring games and tournaments. Points are awarded at a rate of 0.07 points for each $0.10 of rake in a ring game. For example a rake of $3 will award all players contributing to the pot 2.1 points. For tournaments points are awarded at a rate of 5 points for each dollar of tournaments entry fee paid. For example if a player enters a $10 +1 tournament, he will receive 5 points.)

countjam
Old 11-07-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i dont know what FYP means, but if you dont belive me just take a look at any ongame site, and find HOW DO I EARN POINTS. and you will see

[/ QUOTE ]

From towergaming.com:

[ QUOTE ]
Q. How many Player Points do I earn?

For Poker Ring Games: 0.1 points are awarded for every $0.10 in rake.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2007, 04:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]

this is taken from eurobet homepage ( Player points are accumulated by playing ring games and tournaments. Points are awarded at a rate of 0.07 points for each $0.10 of rake in a ring game. For example a rake of $3 will award all players contributing to the pot 2.1 points. For tournaments points are awarded at a rate of 5 points for each dollar of tournaments entry fee paid. For example if a player enters a $10 +1 tournament, he will receive 5 points.)

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]
I will be steering well clear of Eurobet then. Tower/Best/Hollywood/Pokerroom all get .1 points for .10 rake.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
well i dont know what FYP means, but if you dont belive me just take a look at Eurobet, and find HOW DO I EARN POINTS. and you will see

countjam

[/ QUOTE ]
FYP.

FYP means "Fixed Your Post", which is what posters sometimes do in reply to what they see as an error in a post. Rather than reply in detail, they just change the post to the way they think it should be. Perhaps a little confusing at times, but it seems to be a standard 2+2ism. Sorry, I couldn't resist doing it again. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Seriously, though, this is either an error on their website, or they have a poor clearing rate. Bonuswhores shows all of them at $1 = 1 point, so I went and checked the websites to be certain. PokerRoom, Hollywood, and Tower all show $1 = 1 point. However, you are correct in that Eurobet shows $1 = 0.7 points. So obviously bonuswhores is in error, or Eurobet is. Seems silly to think it would be Eurobet that's wrong about their own bonus, but I've seen crazier things. I could be wrong, but didn't OnGame change their points from 0.7 to 1 point = $1 when they went from dealt to contributed? Perhaps Eurobet forgot to change that part.

It would be great if anyone who plays at Eurobet could actually confirm the points are awarded differently there. I cleared a bonus there a few months back, but I didn't notice a difference. It was a small bonus though, and if it cleared at 70% of the rate, I might have put it down to tighter play on my part if I wasn't getting cards.
Old 11-07-2007, 06:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
First, thanks for the tip for a boost in my small bankroll.
But I have another question which might sound a bit rookie-like.

Are the bonusses not only for those who sign up for the first time at a page?? So how can I get them step by step without fraud??
The only site I've been playing for longer than one year is Pokerstars. I only get some bonus offers to some special occassions. (WSOOP,etc)
Nutsfolder

[/ QUOTE ]
Correct. If you've already signed up for a site, you can no longer get the site's first time deposit bonus, nor an affiliate kickback. The affiliates get paid for bringing new players to a poker site, and when they give you rakeback or a kickback, they are basically sharing this revenue with you. If you aren't a new player, they don't get paid, so neither do you.

If you have visited a poker room but not downloaded the software or made an account, you usually should clear your cookies before attempting to sign up through an affiliate. If you have downloaded the software but not made a real money account and/or deposited, you may be able to delete the software and clear your cookies or download from a clean computer and sign up through an affiliate, but that depends on the site.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:31 PM

ohhh i see thanks for telling me what FYP. is [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
I could be wrong, but didn't OnGame change their points from 0.7 to 1 point = $1 when they went from dealt to contributed? Perhaps Eurobet forgot to change that part.

[/ QUOTE ]

yes i think you are right here, i have just been playing at ongame sites so long time, and didnt notice because i play SNG only now. SORRY ALL [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

countjam