Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Legislation
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2007, 10:10 PM

Default Any Israelis withdrawing serious poker money to Israeli accounts?

I am an Israeli living outside Israel but I am not a citizen where I leave. My only bank account is an Israeli bank account.

I've made several withdrawals from neteller to my bank account but recently they got pretty tough about wanting to know where the money is from so I sent my dad and he let them know that it's online gambling money (if this was wise or not only time will tell). Anyway, the teller consulted with her supervisor and came back saying something like "it's illegal, don't transfer any more funds". Since banks refusing money is like kids refusing chocolate I am kind of worried and I now have lots of scared poker money (neteller and their problems...) which I can't move into my bank account.

Any Israelis here with experience in that? Is it really illegal? I was under the impression that it is only illegal to promote and/or base online gambling businesses in Israel, not to consume them. If that's true than we have it even worse than the Americans, at least they are able to make withdrawls
Old 04-26-2007, 12:51 PM

Default Re: Any Israelis withdrawing serious poker money to Israeli accounts?

I can't help with the legality issue, but I can tell you it is very easy to request a physical check and cash that check at the bank it was written on. If you are legitimately in another country and have residence there, you should be able to obtain a bank account there. There are also the carribean banks that have been mentioned that ask far fewer questions.