Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 PM

Default Re: JJ river play vs nit

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he could have a mid pp

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes one which hit a card of the same number on the flop. This is known as 'a set.' He has a boat or Quads like always by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I made this comment in response to the guy who said fold flop outright. By the river, it seems that I am beat or he has a busted draw, but he probably has a low bluff frequency so I am beat the majority of the time.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i guess people don't think he is bluffing missed draw often enough to call+ he could actually have K 6 or a set.

[/ QUOTE ]
by that I obviously mean a King in his hand like KdQd or a six in his hand like 6h5h. I obv don't think he has a hand like K6s here.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 PM

guys, if you would all just learn to put people on ignore when they make stupid posts and then resort to personal insults, it would greatly reduce their ability to derail threads, and it saves you a lot of time later when you can skip over their crap. I probably average one new person per day on my list...

ps: calling the river against the player described here is pure spew, whether to fold sooner depends on how nitty he is but it's definitely correct against some players
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
its 100 bb. He check raises me to 90 I have 581 behind? Are you crazy to push?

[/ QUOTE ]

wow. u r stupid. i said i favour folding the flop. as far as push, i told u that it's read dependant, but again i favour folding. if you have a good read and put the nit on a hand like A 7, pushing is +ev here if we think he's nitty enough to call. as played, you cawled flop, cawled turn and folded river. where is the sense in that? since when is 100bb deep?

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this levelling or is this serious advice? Its pretty horrible no matter which one it is.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy fold on river

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes this a fold on the river? How has the river card/bet changed your perception about his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because he bet 250 at it. And it was a king. And he is a nit.
Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 PM

he's just not familiar enough with how to cawl aggressively
Old 07-10-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
he could have a mid pp

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes one which hit a card of the same number on the flop. This is known as 'a set.' He has a boat or Quads like always by the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

On the river, he never has TT, 99 or 88, but on the flop and turn?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy fold on river

[/ QUOTE ]
What makes this a fold on the river? How has the river card/bet changed your perception about his hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if that is the reasoning than why are we calling the flop? If he is a nit than we should fold the flop and be done with the hand right there. If we call the flop it means that we think that he is bluffing/semi-bluffing a good percentage of the time here. How come that when a K hits on the river - making the mathematical probability of him having a K even lower,and when the draw didn't get there - we than decide to fold?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:33 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
easy fold on river

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

But if that is the reasoning than why are we calling the flop? If he is a nit than we should fold the flop and be done with the hand right there. If we call the flop it means that we think that he is bluffing/semi-bluffing a good percentage of the time here. How come that when a K hits on the river - making the mathematical probability of him having a K even lower,and when the draw didn't get there - we than decide to fold?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are a lot of hands I think a nit checkraises that don't have us beat on the flop. These aren't bluffs. Maybe I'm not thinking nitty enough, but TT, 99 and 88 make a lot of sense, and maybe even A7.

But there is no way the nit keeps betting those when the K hits. So, now we have new information. The K didn't make his hand, IMO, he doesnt have K6, but it DEFINED his hand a little for us.

So, if my logic makes any sense (definitely open for debate) the question should be do we think about 3-betting his checkraise? I 'd say no because we are WA/WB his entire range and we have position. Just calling down seems ok. Another good question is what do we do when the river is a 2? I probably call but that might be bad.
Old 07-11-2007, 01:24 AM

Was I the only one who thought that TuckerCat was shipitkthx because of the avatar for awhile? Lol I was sooo confused.

Obv shove flop.

(Levelling, don't ignore me soah)